CCL Cabin Info Compilation - No Cabin Questions posted here please!

sparks1093

Ship - Carnival Conquest

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6280

Stateroom Category – 8B balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This cabin is right above the atrium so if you want to go to bed early or have little kids that do, this one is not for you. They do close the hallway doors around 9:00 to mute the sound. We loved it because it is so convenient to the action.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - The first few days were cold and windy but I think every balcony would have been the same.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems. Could use some refurbishment.

Any other comments? - Mark was the best cabin steward ever!

Ship - Inspiration

Deck - Upper

Stateroom # - U186

Stateroom Category – Ocean View

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? -

The entry to the bathroom was only an inch (maybe 2) higher than the Cabin floor, not the regular 6 inches.

Ship - Magic

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11221

Stateroom Category – Cloud 9 Spa Suite (technially Oceanview)

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes and No.Yes, it was quiet in that there was not much foot traffic and we were far away from any venues that there was no noise from that. On the other hand, we heard a LOT of creaking and shuddering. It woke me up a couple nights, and I normally sleep like the dead. I don't know if this was just due to the weather on our cruise or what.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Fabulous. No obstructions, unless you count the wing of the bridge, but I wouldn't say it detracted from the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? Normal. It had a lounger, two chairs, and a small side table. Also, this balcony is covered.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? LOVED this cabin, and would book again. It felt almost disgustingly big for two people. So much storage -- we really only used half of it. There were two outlets by the desk (and a third that was 220V). We only each brought our phones, so charging wasn't an issue. There was a third outlet covered in the bathroom. I did not investigate this to see if I could use it.

This thread looked to be going dormant, but now that I see others posting, I will add my 2 cents worth:

Ship - Liberty

Deck - 7 (Empress)

Stateroom # - 7447

Stateroom Category – 8M

Starboard or Port Side - Aft view, Starboard side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No (not that I noticed).

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft view was fantastic, no obstructions. Could wave to other aft view cruisers if you and they were at their railing, otherwise seemed reasonably private.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for aft view, as far as I could tell.

Was wind a problem? - No. Could have used more, I suppose, if it was hotter!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - Cabin was great! I have no comparison to other aft view cabins, seemed big enough for our purposes, it's not like we wanted to practice ballroom dancing! Bedding was in great condition, no funny smells, water was hot, staff friendly and unobtrusive.

Ship - Sensation

Deck - Empress (7)

Stateroom # - E96

Stateroom Category – 4E Interior

Starboard or Port Side - Port Midship

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – It was not completely quiet. We could hear some noise from the atrium at night. With the air conditioning vent open, the white noise mostly covered it.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A Interior room

Any specific problems with this cabin? - With a king bed configuration plus trundle, the room was crowded, but we did not spend any time in the room except to sleep.

Any other comments? - We found the beds extremely comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well and kept the room nice and cool. The shower temperature was hot almost from the moment you turned it on, which was great!

Ship - Carnival Pride

Deck - 4

Stateroom # - 4120

Stateroom Category – 4K Obstructed French Door

Quiet Stateroom? – Mostly. The Ivory Piano Bar was right below, so there was some muffled noise after 9pm every night. We use white noise to sleep, so for us, it wasn't a huge deal.

View - The view is obstructed by a life boat, but you can see the water if you sit on the bed

Was wind a problem? - Yes, but only because it was super windy outside for the duration of our cruise

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems other the the music mentioned above

Any other comments? -It does have a flat screen TV. Lots of storage and the steward, Ibarra, was fantastic.

Ship - Carnival Paradise

Deck - 6 "Upper"

Stateroom # U154

Stateroom Category – 6D Oceanview

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Silent, man. Just a little engine hum.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - They call it mid, but it's more aft, it felt like. No soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The TV was awful, but will likely be remedied in drydock 2/18

Any other comments? - Directly across hall from laundrette. Never heard a peep from that area, do not be afraid.

Ship - Dream

Deck - Main

Stateroom # - 2348

Stateroom Category – Interior (Upper/Lower)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes for the most part. There was some machine noise at times I think due to the elevators being near but it wasn't that bad.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Nope

Any other comments? - This was midship and right by the elevators. It was always quiet and very cozy for 2 people

Ship - Breeze

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7340

Stateroom Category – 8C

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Mostly, stateroom is at the intersection with the cross ship hallway leading to the mid-ship elevators & stairs so it can be kind of noisy especially when kids are running in the hallways. That said we were never kept awake at night.

Balcony View - Normal

Balcony Size - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - See above comments

Any other comments? - Midship stateroom convenient to the midship elevators and stairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ship - Carnival Dream

Deck - 8 (Verandah)

Stateroom # - 8334

Stateroom Category – 4G

Starboard or Port Side - Port (interior)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This was a very quiet stateroom. It is located between two other decks with staterooms so we didn't hear any noise from above or below. It is located three doors down from the middle elevators so we occasionally heard some discussion out in the hallway but nothing unusual. Noise from adjacent rooms was almost unperceivable.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A - this is an interior room.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None.

Any other comments? - If you like interior cabins, this one is a winner. Its location midship makes it very accessible to everything on the ship. We had very convenient access to the middle set of elevators and stairs, which put us just two decks away from the Lido deck's dining options and main pool; everything else was also easily accessible.

As an interior room it was dark and quiet when we wanted to sleep (day or night). All of the fixtures worked, and the refrigerator was cold (though not until we got underway). The fridge did make a tiny bit of noise but it was negligible. We didn't see our cabin stewardess most of the week (just at the beginning and end), but she and her team serviced our room twice a day as requested and did a fine job.

As an interior cabin it is among the smallest on the ship, but it is perfectly suitable for two people (even bigger ones like my wife and I). There are no additional bunks so a third person would have to sleep on a mattress on the floor, which would affect your ability to move around. The bed is situated perpendicular to the long access of the ship so you'll feel any side-to-side motion as head-to-foot motion while laying down.

Ship - Breeze

Deck - 10 Lido deck

Stateroom # - 10267

Stateroom Category – Balcony 8F

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No! This is a very noisy cabin. It is very behind the elevators and you can hear every ding of the elevators all night long. You can also hear everything happening down below in the Atrium Lobby and out by the pool. Music and or activities went on until quite late every night. Better to book a cheaper 8E and get further forward away from the elevators and Atrium.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony

Was wind a problem? - No problems with wind

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes, the shower and sink did not drain. The shower always overflowed before you could finish even a quick shower.

Any other comments? - During the dry dock the removed some of the cabinets near the end of the bed, so there was even less storage space than usual. Also, only 1 of the closets had hangars. So glad I brought my own to use in the other closet. They could have at least divided the hangars between the closets! We would never book this cabin again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Triumph

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7433

Stateroom Category – 8M

Starboard or Port Side - Aft just to the starboard side of center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet unless someone slides a chair on another balcony

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Standard aft, I guess.

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Cabin needs some serious love. Rust along bottom of the bathroom interior door frame. Sink cracked. Carpet felt loose between foot of bed and wall.

Any other comments? While I enjoyed the view from the aft, I think I'll be sticking with Dream class or larger ships that offer the Cove Balcony (7C) from now on.

Ship - Elation

Deck - 7- Empress

Stateroom # - E102

Stateroom Category – 8D-This was one of the new balcony rooms that was added during dry dock

Starboard or Port Side - Port side around mid-ship. Fairly close to the Atrium.

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, even being fairly close to the Atrium.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Since it was added, it protrudes a little from the ship. Excellent views all around.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Not very familiar with balconies, but definitely not oversized. There were 2 chairs, a small table, and that's about all that could fit on it and still be able to open the door.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The sink drained a bit slow, but not slow enough for us to call someone about it. In hindsight, we probably should have.

Any other comments? - We really enjoyed this room, but here's a rundown. NOTHING in the room was magnetic (except the ceiling), so all the advice we read here about bringing magnetic stuff just caused us to pack things we couldn't use. There were 2 pegs on the wall you could hang stuff on, like lanyards, caps, etc. Also there was one mounted to the inside of the bathroom door.

We didn't need our power strip. There were 2 USB ports at the bed and 2 at the little desk. There were also 2 120v plugs at the desk, so DW could use her hair dryer while her straightener was warming up. There is a hair dryer provided in the room, but DW says if you have long or thick hair, it wouldn't work very well. The mirror at the desk had the light all around the edge, so it made for a great makeup mirror for DW.

There is nowhere to sit in the room except the bed and the little stool at the desk. With the bed in the "king" arrangement, there was enough room to bring in the balcony chairs to sit, but we didn't.

There were 2 closets in this room and 3 drawers, including the one small drawer that the hair dryer was in. My wife kept her hair dryer and straightener in that drawer and that basically filled it up. There were a few shelves by the cabin door, one occupied by the safe. For the two of us, it was plenty of storage.

The room had a large flat screen TV and a small fridge. The TV worked well, even though we didn't use it much.

Ship - Carnival Pride

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5152

Stateroom Category – 7A

Quiet Stateroom? Yes, no major sounds problems

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - The stateroom is located near the larger lifeboats and the view is obstructed. The first three lifeboats on each side of the ship are larger.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? The AC did not cool the stateroom and we had to sleep with the balcony door open. We reported the issue but it did not appear to be fix. We have sail the Pride several time and air velocity from the vent was much lower than the staterooms we stayed in on past cruised.

Any other comments? Not that it matters now that the TV channels have changed, CRT TV with an okay picture, out of format with some shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Victory

Deck - 9 (Lido)

Stateroom # - 9196

Stateroom Category – 6J, Scenic Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - Forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Walls are somewhat thin.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, can connect to 9198

Balcony View - No balcony but has an enormous, floor to ceiling, wall to wall, seamless picture window facing over the bow of the ship. The glass slopes inward toward the ceiling and features a power operated window shade.

Balcony Size? Not applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - This is a brand new cabin category for the Victory since the dry dock changes in January 2018. The main selling point of this cabin is the picture window and the breathtaking view over the bow of the ship. You see exactly what the officers on the bridge are seeing as you approach the ports of call. We really liked the location on the forward end of the Lido deck. It was situated above the bridge and other than some noise from the occupants of adjacent cabins on either side it was quiet for the most part as it is at the end of the hall, well away from elevators or stairwells. The room itself is very spacious with a seating area in front of the window with two armchairs and a coffee table. There is a large amount of closet space and a big lighted vanity mirror above the desk. The bathroom is standard sized with a curtained shower. There is a large double sized sleeper sofa as well and plenty of overhead and table lighting.

360 VR interactive photos:

9196.thumb.jpg.0fa0b91ad5618a741b3fb3a15544dc8c.jpg

Ship - Fredom

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8261

Stateroom Category – 8D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No. Based on the location to the Millenium Lobby being open all the way up past this deck, you could heard the live music playing every night, which does not stop until midnight. If you are one who goes to bed early or needs quiet for children, this is not a good choice.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction. Great view.

Was wind a problem? - Typical

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - n/a

Any other comments? - n/a

Ship - Pride

Deck - 4

Stateroom # - 4125

Stateroom Category – Interior (Category 4K)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Perfectly fine

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Nope

Any other comments? - French door with obstructed view

Ship - Pride

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5253

Stateroom Category –

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice unobstructed views

Was wind a problem? - I went out on the balcony when we were experiencing 50 knot winds and it wasn't an issue

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - It was not

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None noted

Any other comments? -

Ship - Pride

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7112

Stateroom Category – 8D Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, except*

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Didn't notice, but I don't think so

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good forward view. Could see the bridge and sometimes staff on the bridge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal (as far as I know)

Was wind a problem? - During normal cruising the wind was fine. During extreme wind it was difficult to open the door and we took some pictures during the wind, but did not spend time outside.

A sincere thank you to our neighbors who kept volume low and followed the rules about not smoking on their balcony:). That has not always been our experience:mad:

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not aft

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not really a problem, but small tv screen (older style tv); hard to hear hallway messages; a plus - the shower curtain worked well and both kept the bathroom dry and didn't try to attack/cling to either of us during showers.;) The sink was deep enough to easily rinse some clothes, wash our tumblers, and refill them (if we didn't want to walk up to lido for water).

Any other comments? -*The cabin itself was very quiet, but if you didn't have the balcony door completely locked there would be a high pitched whistle. Recommend ear plugs for any stateroom.

Ship -Ecstasy

Deck - Empress (7)

Stateroom # - E1

Stateroom Category – Porthole

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, end of hallway forward. Not much noise, even with theatre above

Was wind a problem? -N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments?- nice room with porthole

Ship - Dream

Deck - Upper (6)

Stateroom # - 6226

Stateroom Category – 1A - Interior Upper/Lower

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NOOOOOO. Anytime ANYTHING is going on in the Encore Theater (which was directly below) it was LOUD. Also, there must be some storage space or a galley or something on the back side of our room, because something was constantly banging on the walls every time the ship hit a wave.

Was wind a problem? -N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Apart from the noise, no.

Any other comments?- If you have been in an Upper/Lower you already know that they are very small, but this was one that goes longways side to side instead of deep into the room. The space between the bed and the counter was smaller than the other type of U/L room. We DID have a chair, but there wasn't a lot of room to manipulate and sit.

Ship - Dream

Deck - 9 Vista

Stateroom # - 9228

Stateroom Category – 8D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes Very

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views especially when in Port!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal kings bed and couch but only room for 2

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - drain plugged but was fixed

Any other comments? -

I would book this cabin again, only issue was the long walk to dinner, but we needed it after eating so much. I loved this room. Little movement and just one deck from lido, which was really nice.

Ship - Triumph

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9236

Stateroom Category – 4G Inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, except for people slamming other cabin doors.

Balcony View - N/A - Inside cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not in the cabin, but there were several water leaks into the hallway outside cabin. Large fans were blowing 24/7 trying to keep the area dry. Mold - mildew smell in the hallway.

Any other comments? - Good location and I would pick this cabin again.

Ship - VISTA

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6411 AND 6417

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO. Very, very loud. The cabins are right on top of the Ocean plaza stage so you hear bands until very late (at least midnight). Then after that you hear and feel the bass from the disco until 2am sometimes. In the day you hear the microphone from whatever activities are going on.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? - only 2 sections to the cupboard so hardly any space for 4 people.

Any other comments? Easy access to dining room, ocean plaza, aft pool and lido buffet.

Ship - Pride

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6215

Stateroom Category – GS

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Looking down you see the tops of the life boats. Great views otherwise.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Initially had an issue flushing the commode but the push button freed up.

Any other comments? - Great cabin, good location. Plenty of storage.