Emails to loyalty@pocruises...

Cruiser Bruiser

Greetings,

I realize there was a recent discussion re the speed and quality of customer service responses from staff at Carnival House, so I'm somewhat loathe to start another thread. That said, I sent an email to the generic Peninsular Club email account a week ago, and I have received no response whatsoever. When I have sent emails to other cruise lines, I typically receive some sort of automated confirmation that my email was received, so I'm a little concerned.

Have you sent and received emails to P&O? If so, would you characterize your experience in terms of speed of reply and whether or not you received some sort of automated response?

I'm trying to be issued a Peninsular Club number (or be told it) so that I can utilize that portion of the P&O website. But because I am American, I'm somewhat concerned that my nationality and US address might be presenting an obstacle. I would like to have my loyalty number added to my future booking on Ventura so that I'm eligible for any benefits on that sailing. Nothing is easy, though. I have 24 nights aboard P&O thus far, so I know I am eligible for membership.

Thanks for any replies you care to offer.

Greetings,

I realize there was a recent discussion re the speed and quality of customer service responses from staff at Carnival House, so I'm somewhat loathe to start another thread. That said, I sent an email to the generic Peninsular Club email account a week ago, and I have received no response whatsoever. When I have sent emails to other cruise lines, I typically receive some sort of automated confirmation that my email was received, so I'm a little concerned.

Have you sent and received emails to P&O? If so, would you characterize your experience in terms of speed of reply and whether or not you received some sort of automated response?

I'm trying to be issued a Peninsular Club number (or be told it) so that I can utilize that portion of the P&O website. But because I am American, I'm somewhat concerned that my nationality and US address might be presenting an obstacle. I would like to have my loyalty number added to my future booking on Ventura so that I'm eligible for any benefits on that sailing. Nothing is easy, though. I have 24 nights aboard P&O thus far, so I know I am eligible for membership.

Thanks for any replies you care to offer.

I discovered that you only receive an automated acknowledgement that your e mail has been received if you email customerservices@pocruises.com so that might be why you have not had a reply. P and o do seem to take a long time to reply to non urgent e mails but now if I want to contact them I always send it to customer services e mail (so at least I get an acknowledegment)and copy it to any other department I might want to contact.Good Luck!

When you have a future booking for a P&O cruise it shows your loyalty status on your Cruise Personaliser (top left hand corner of homepage) and also your Peninsular Club number.

I had a problem recently as I booked 2 x cabins for a cruise in November 2018 for ourselves and friends.When the booking references came through our friends CP was not showing that they had any loyalty status at all although ours was okay. I sent a private message to P&O on facebook and they sorted it out within a couple of days - everything is okay now.

As you are American not sure if you have access to Cruise Personaliser?

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a reply from an email to Cunard, I rang them yesterday to chase it up, and it was answered with 'P&O Cruises press....', and eventually hung up.

Assuming that Cunard and P&O (Carnival) share the same call centre, you may have a long wait for a reply, I would try the other methods of contact mentioned!

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a reply from an email to Cunard, I rang them yesterday to chase it up, and it was answered with 'P&O Cruises press....', and eventually hung up.

Assuming that Cunard and P&O (Carnival) share the same call centre, you may have a long wait for a reply, I would try the other methods of contact mentioned!

They do not just have the same call centre but all their backroom staff are all amalgamted in Carnival House in Southampton.

First, thanks for all the kind suggestions!

Second, I did eventually receive an email reply from P&O, and they fixed everything I asked them to do. Namely, they found my original loyalty number and then assigned all of my cruises to it. So, I'm good to go!

As an aside, I will note that the P&O loyalty number is completely different from that used by Princess.

Happy sailing.