Sea Days on the Journey - What are the typical activities?

Ken the cruiser

On sea days, I have found the enrichment lectures to be the most interesting for me. I also like the destination information if they are well presented. For example Carolina in the Journey does a good job on those. I also just like to read and keep in touch with the rest of the world.

Unfortunately not very good in room entertainment because the movies they offer for free repeat continuously. Other movies you will have to pay about US 12.00 per movie. No DVD player. Also evening entertainment will most likely repeat on a B2B2B.

Many people participate on trivia contests or form their own interest groups.

I have done a 27 days cruise with Azamara and I was fine, but I did not depend very much from them to provided what to do.

Ivi

It's a bit challenging (lots of clicking) to find the guest lecturers but basically I found them through "Life Onboard"- they have a tab for Guest Lecturers where all lecturers for the year are shown and another option where you can pull up your sailing where they provide particulars and bios. The Transatlantic in April has two, Dr. Mary Jane Cryan as the Destination Lecturer and Dr. David Roberts, Special Interest Lecturer with a focus on the Panama Canal. Not sure what the Panama Canal has to do with this itinerary, but we have cruised the Panama Canal and I do find it an interesting subject. Thanks for the information on the classes as well- we'll keep our eyes out!

Interesting that tab is not operating on our upcoming March and April cruises. It does seem a bit random what cruises have information and which do not.

We have found that in addition to the range of items mentioned we love reading so have plenty opportunity and have enjoyed discovering books in the ships library we would never have thought about before

Yes, they are kept in card room area located in the Living Room.

Phil

Just an FYI...on Quest in November there were only Chinese MJ sets in the Living Room...but they had 1 American MJ set behind the Guest Relations desk. And the Asst' CD told me he had 2 more sets in his office...LuAnn