New to Oceania

sandm

WE have cruised most if not all mainstream cruise lines. Have also been on SilverSeas. We have enjoyed every cruise though some more than others. We are ages are 55-57. Recently we have enjoyed several cruises on NCL in the haven in some very nice suites with some very nice perks.

We are on the Riviera in an Owners Suite in September.

I have used the search but there are a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to.

Does the Owners suite have 2 full baths? It appears that the bath off the foyer has a shower but can not quite tell.

I believe the owners suite gets a few bottles of alcohol on embarkation. My husband and I do not drink but my son who may come enjoys a good Vodka with a lemon or orange twist. Can we substitute vodka for one of the other bottles?

The fitness center looks good but I can not see if there is anywhere to do pull ups.

A good fitness center is very important to us. It was one of the main reason we won't be back on the Silver Spirit for a while, if ever. The Silver Spirit fitness center was much smaller than the photos indicated. They also had equipment and weights but no room to do anything with them. You could bring them outside but that breaks etiquette by keeping weights while you finish a set. Big fitness areas are also the main reason we don't mind mainstream cruise lines. They have very big and nicely appointed fitness centers. Some of the NCL ships have a private fitness room in the Haven plus the massive ones open to all.

We are looking forward to the food on oceania. We enjoy quality meats and veggies. This has us very excited. We like quality clean foods. I am sure we can ask for sauces etc on the side and it sounds like the requests will be met.

I will continue to read the boards. Although I don't post much I check CruiseCritic every day.

Have no info on the Owners suites but have used the gym on Marina, sister ship to Riviera, and there is good equipment & sufficient room to work out. There is usually a decent crowd but never had an issue getting on an elliptical. The food is excellent, worth every calorie (hence more time in the gym)! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WE have cruised most if not all mainstream cruise lines. Have also been on SilverSeas. We have enjoyed every cruise though some more than others. We are ages are 55-57. Recently we have enjoyed several cruises on NCL in the haven in some very nice suites with some very nice perks.

We are on the Riviera in an Owners Suite in September.

I have used the search but there are a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to.

Does the Owners suite have 2 full baths? It appears that the bath off the foyer has a shower but can not quite tell.

I believe the owners suite gets a few bottles of alcohol on embarkation. My husband and I do not drink but my son who may come enjoys a good Vodka with a lemon or orange twist. Can we substitute vodka for one of the other bottles?

The fitness center looks good but I can not see if there is anywhere to do pull ups.

A good fitness center is very important to us. It was one of the main reason we won't be back on the Silver Spirit for a while, if ever. The Silver Spirit fitness center was much smaller than the photos indicated. They also had equipment and weights but no room to do anything with them. You could bring them outside but that breaks etiquette by keeping weights while you finish a set. Big fitness areas are also the main reason we don't mind mainstream cruise lines. They have very big and nicely appointed fitness centers. Some of the NCL ships have a private fitness room in the Haven plus the massive ones open to all.

We are looking forward to the food on oceania. We enjoy quality meats and veggies. This has us very excited. We like quality clean foods. I am sure we can ask for sauces etc on the side and it sounds like the requests will be met.

I will continue to read the boards. Although I don't post much I check CruiseCritic every day.

I have been in Vistas and Oceania Suites on Marina (sister ship to Riviera) but not an Owner's. I don't know about the OS but in the VS and OC suites (OC being the Oceania Suites), the second bathroom just has a shower. I haven't heard re the OS but I suspect the second bathroom just has a shower. But it's probably a pretty nice shower. If the OS is like the two aft Oceania suites, there is a jacuzzi on the deck ... assuming you want to bathe "in public"! But who is going to look?

As to the liquor, when you arrive you will have a choice of SIX bottles of liquor for use in your room. You can pick all booze or all wine. It sounds like you are only interested in one bottle of vodka, which wouldn't be a problem! There are choices of vodka, which are quite detailed, but I don't' know if your son will be happy with them. It depends on his tastes. Your butler will give you a list of the available choices.

There are a number of high-quality vodkas available. Grey Goose is what I usually choose. (And if you aren't drinkers and don't want six bottles, you son can choose two bottles of vodka!)

Sorry I can't talk abut the fitness center but many people are happy with it!

Mura

I don’t recall a pull up bar in the gym. And, I don’t see one in any of the pictures here on CC.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/marina-526/fitness-center-354219/

There is ample area to work out with free weights. The fitness center has adequate equipment to get a good work out in, given its size and the number of passengers.

My husband is a very healthy eater and he has no problem on O avoiding sauces or finding dishes with healthy sauces. There are always healthy fish options (he tends toward being a pescatarian/vegetarian).

Here are some menus from Marina’s sister ship:

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_menus.htm

Thank you for all the quick responses.

I appreciate the all the detailed info. Mura, Thanks the shower info. My son is 24 yr old and a shower is plenty.

That's great news about him being able to get a few bottles of vodka instead of all wines. He enjoys his wine too so he can decided.

Buggins0402 WOW those photos are great. I realize the photos are of the Marina but the Riviera is probably pretty close since they are sister ships.

The fitness center is a make or break for us as far as hotels and cruise ships. My husband will love the pictures.

Thank you so much again. WE are very excited about trying Oceania.

The fitness center is a make or break for us as far as hotels and cruise ships. My husband will love the pictures.

Thank you so much again. WE are very excited about trying Oceania.

We are kindred spirits...when looking at potential hotels the first thing I bring up on hotel sites are pictures of the fitness centers. Then I word search Trip Advisor reviews for “gym” and “ fitness center”, to make sure the facilities are maintained. We will be forever spoiled by the quality of fitness centers we found in the large hotels in Asia last year.

Sorry, I misread what ship you are on...as you thought Riviera will have a similar gym. Pictures of Rivier’s gym:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/fitness-center-311070/

Edited by buggins0402