First time Oceania Cruiser

Marie50

Hello, can you tell me if there is an additional charge on any food or drink items other than alcohol? I am referring to the Waves Grill and their juices or smoothies.

Also, how soon can you make reservations for specialty restaurants? Is a reservation necessary for the Main Dining Room?

Thank you for any information. Will be greatly appreciated.

Just gratuity on alcohol. No other charges other than for Privee or La Reserve.

No reservations for gdr

You can reserve specialties ahead based on your cabin category.

When to make your reservations:

· Your booking must be paid in full.

· The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

· Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your booking must be paid in full.

· The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

· Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

+1 but I have been saying since day 1 that those instructions should read "may" instead of "can".

One "CAN" if one is "ABLE TO" as the Nuns used to tell us. :confused:

Lurline1938818.jpg

NUNS AND Cruising. Who could ask for anything more? :D

The “Cruising Nuns” sounds like a jazz band.

No extra charge for any non-alcoholic beverage. Tell your steward what you’d like stocked in your cabin’s fridge. Also, sparkling water such as Peligrino, is available and the ship will have bottled water for the taking as you go ashore.

StanandJim...interesting photo of the nuns on the Lurline. In my youth sailed from Honolulu to SF on her. Everyone would come down to see you off with many leis. The Royall Hawaiian Band played "Aloha Oe" as we sailed away. People threw those paper streamers. Boat day was a big deal. You really have a wonderful archive of cruise liner photos. Thanks!

Hello, can you tell me if there is an additional charge on any food or drink items other than alcohol? I am referring to the Waves Grill and their juices or smoothies.

I like that I can get a non-alcoholic drink for free in bars or from the waiter on the pool deck. Plus speciality coffees (except those with booze in them) are free at any time too.

I like that I can get a non-alcoholic drink for free in bars or from the waiter on the pool deck. Plus speciality coffees (except those with booze in them) are free at any time too.

Would that include a Virgin Mary?

Just gratuity on alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I plan to be a 1st time Oceania cruiser too in the near future (so many choices, not yet booked). Regarding the gratuity on alcohol, is that applied to your onboard account based on the cost of each drink?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

StanandJim...interesting photo of the nuns on the Lurline. In my youth sailed from Honolulu to SF on her. Everyone would come down to see you off with many leis. The Royall Hawaiian Band played "Aloha Oe" as we sailed away. People threw those paper streamers. Boat day was a big deal. You really have a wonderful archive of cruise liner photos. Thanks!

Wow. How long ago was that? :)

The SS Lurline had a long and wonderful career. She ended up service in about 1963 as a luxary ship in Australia. Matson Navigation operated the Lurline and her sisters Mariposa and Monterey. We sailed on her about 1959. When my parents went to Hawaii to live in the late 1930s, of course all travel was by ship.

The SS Lurline had a long and wonderful career. She ended up service in about 1963 as a luxary ship in Australia. Matson Navigation operated the Lurline and her sisters Mariposa and Monterey. We sailed on her about 1959. When my parents went to Hawaii to live in the late 1930s, of course all travel was by ship.

Good Mornig- I have quite a lot of memorabilia from the Lurline. My Grandfather sailed on her in 1941 to Honolulu. I have her menus framed in my dining room. Love reading about her. Thank you

I plan to be a 1st time Oceania cruiser too in the near future (so many choices, not yet booked). Regarding the gratuity on alcohol, is that applied to your onboard account based on the cost of each drink?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s applied to the cost of each drink, then that is applied to your acct, unless you have the drink package, then it’s included in the package.

We will be first time Oceania cruisers next January.

We just have a veranda stateroom. Does any of the "free" beverages apply to us?

Thank you for your help.

All soft drinks and non alcoholic coffees are included (as well as “virgin” cocktails). Also bottled water for ship consumption and off shore trips.