Swaying difference between deck 10 and 7?

Cruise Girly 88

We are currently booked on Carnival Magic deck ten. I am a little worried as we have never stayed above deck eight before and I got seasick on that last cruise. Wondering if if anyone else has had an issue with ship swaying or sea sickness the higher you go? We stayed towards the middle so it would be less of an issue. Currently looking at deck 7 for an ocean suite and trying to decide if that would better for us.

Thanks in advance!

I've never noticed any difference and we've been at the bottom of the ship & as high as deck 12 on one cruise. We've also been forward, aft and middle. It all feels the same to me. I think the weather is really what makes the difference for me. Large swells are easily felt, but we've been on cruises where it was like sailing on glass.

Hi,

IF you know that you get seasick take some meds before feeling it and you'll be fine!! We also try to book midship mid decks but have gone up to deck 10 for our next cruise. We realized that when we are out and about on the ship (Lido/etc.) we are on higher decks than our cabin so it doesn't matter.

We start taking anti seasick over the counter remedies before the ship sails and we are fine.

I'm on deck 10 on the Vista and it feels like there is more swaying than when I have cruised on lower decks, but not a lot. If I was prone to sea sickness, I would probably choose a lower deck. Since I am not, I absolutely love the location. It's the best I've ever had on a cruise ship. I am closer to the end of the ship than the middle, so maybe that makes a difference.

How much time do you typically spent on the Lido deck, Spa or Sports decks and has that bothered you? I have had cabins all over - up, down, middle, forward & aft. Personally the aft cabins have been where I've noticed motion more so than higher decks. Fortunately, I have never had motion sickness on board a ship. I do suffer from motion sickness when in a car and if they are the same - I would stick to a safe location. Hope whichever location you choose ends up being a comfy home away from home.

We routinely get cabins on the Lido deck forward which is either 9 or 10 depending on the ship, and haven't noticed a big difference in motion. If you run into bad weather, you're going to feel it no matter where you are on the ship. Get some Bonine and start taking it the day before you sail and you should be fine.

We are currently booked on Carnival Magic deck ten. I am a little worried as we have never stayed above deck eight before and I got seasick on that last cruise. Wondering if if anyone else has had an issue with ship swaying or sea sickness the higher you go? We stayed towards the middle so it would be less of an issue. Currently looking at deck 7 for an ocean suite and trying to decide if that would better for us.

Thanks in advance!

We have cruised on the Magic decks 11 +12, and the difference between them and deck 7 is really nothing.

What is different is those higher decks are forward, farther from the buffet, and rear restaurant, but closer to the show room, spa, and mid dining room.

Which area if any are more important to you might make up your mind. :confused:

Edited by AmBear
Spelling

We use the same thing but while it eliminates our sea sickness it does not prevent us from staggering around like we are drunk.

And anyone drunk staggering in time to the ship's movement will then walk in a straight line? ;p

Seriously, I've only been bothered once by side to side swaying while on a treadmill in the gym, I kept tilting and even with grasping the handle bars and being totally sober, I couldn't put one foot in front of the other.....wheeeee