Bottomless Bubble vs carrying on soda

sweets2323

I carry on soda and never buy bottomless bubbles. For a 7 day cruise a 12 pack is plenty. With gratuities BB is 60 dollars for a 7 day cruise. Usually for BB they take out an already open warm can and pour it over ice, leaving you a diluted flat drink. No thanks! When you are on an outside deck down south that can is probably 90 degrees :'). And if you go through your allotted 12 cans you can get more while at a port.

Do you go back and forth to the room for drinks? I’m trying to figure out what to do. We have three kids 8 14 & 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring onboard the allowed small cooler to keep drinks cold in my room. Since I can be anywhere on the ship in 5 minutes I would sometimes come back to the room for a drink. If I plan on being by the pool i bring the cooler with me. I also have a nice size cup to fill. I don't drink massive amounts of soda so it is not a big deal for me. If your kids are going to drink 2 cans or less per day a la carte would be cheaper and they get the whole can which will be unopened at time of purchase.

Depends on how often your kids will want a drink. Bottomless bubbles is convenient. Wherever they are they can just walk up to the nearest bar and grab a soda for free. They don't need to be carrying an open can or cooler around with them or go back and forth to the room. Last time I cruised soda at dinner was not included and you probably don't want to bring cans to the dining room with you so you will be paying for sodas there. We are big soda drinkers and I have done bottomless bubbles for my kids and I in the past and I never had to worry about them running up a "soda bar tab" and they did not have to come ask every time they wanted a drink. For us it was worth it.

Depends on how often your kids will want a drink. Bottomless bubbles is convenient. Wherever they are they can just walk up to the nearest bar and grab a soda for free. They don't need to be carrying an open can or cooler around with them or go back and forth to the room. Last time I cruised soda at dinner was not included and you probably don't want to bring cans to the dining room with you so you will be paying for sodas there. We are big soda drinkers and I have done bottomless bubbles for my kids and I in the past and I never had to worry about them running up a "soda bar tab" and they did not have to come ask every time they wanted a drink. For us it was worth it.

Just curious, why would you not want to carry a can to dinner with you? How is it any different than carrying a can to lido or a show or the comedy club? I've always seen people carrying soda with them to dinner, including ourselves.

Just curious, why would you not want to carry a can to dinner with you? How is it any different than carrying a can to lido or a show or the comedy club? I've always seen people carrying soda with them to dinner, including ourselves.

That's actually a really good question. In addition to Bottomless bubbles I usually carry soda on board with me since I enjoy soda they don't serve on the ship and enjoy having a cold can in my room. I have taken a soda with me to Lido and while wandering the ship etc. But I guess I thought it was kind of a "No-No" to take one to the MDR for dinner. I guess it isn't. I probably still would not do it simply because we like to get dressed and do pictures before dinner and wouldn't want to have everyone carrying around a couple cans of Mountain Dew or Pepsi. But that is just me. :)

That's actually a really good question. In addition to Bottomless bubbles I usually carry soda on board with me since I enjoy soda they don't serve on the ship and enjoy having a cold can in my room. I have taken a soda with me to Lido and while wandering the ship etc. But I guess I thought it was kind of a "No-No" to take one to the MDR for dinner. I guess it isn't. I probably still would not do it simply because we like to get dressed and do pictures before dinner and wouldn't want to have everyone carrying around a couple cans of Mountain Dew or Pepsi. But that is just me. :)

Nope, you can take drinks, alcohol, whatever you want with you to the MDR for dinner. I was really just curious though. :D

I personally would never bring soda on board with me (or water for that matter). I usually get the soda package (whatever it is called on the various lines), I like the option of being able to drink a different soda depending on my mood. (Coke/Pepsi earlier in the day and maybe a Sprite/7up/ginger ale later in the evening (something without caffeine)

In 2004, we got the soda package for ourselves and our 3 kids. We figured we had to drink 6 apiece daily to make it worth the money. In those days we all drank lots of sodas, so it was worth it. However, we now only drink 1, maybe 2 per day, so we just order as needed. I don't think we've ever carried on soda, although we have carried on wine and cartons of protein shakes.

Curious.....

Do people that carry on sodas also get the Bottomless Bubble package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has an ongoing contract with Coca-Cola. So you'll only be able to get Coke products if you purchase the Bottomless Bubbles package. We are Diet Pepsi drinkers, so we bring our own sodas with us. If you're okay with Coke products and don't want to carry your own sodas onto the ship, then get the Bottomless Bubbles. If you're not Coke drinkers, then the Bottomless Bubbles might be of no use to you.

The cost of the soda package is worth every penny to me to not be lugging a million pounds of soda onboard on embarkation day, hauling it around the ship until the staterooms open, banging it into people in the buffet during embarkation day lunch, etc etc.

Yeah, no. I don't splurge on a lot of things on cruises, but I'm not going to be so uber cheap that I'd bring soda onboard vs just going with the convenience of the soda package.

We are a Pepsi family and knew that we wouldn't get our money worth out of Bottomless Bubbles so we brought three 12 packs of Pepsi on. We also brought water bottles with carabiner on them. I would pour 2 cans of soda into my bottle, clip it to my purse and go. It was so handy and worked out really well. I did bring a couple cans with me to the MDR too.

The cost of the soda package is worth every penny to me to not be lugging a million pounds of soda onboard on embarkation day, hauling it around the ship until the staterooms open, banging it into people in the buffet during embarkation day lunch, etc etc.

Yeah, no. I don't splurge on a lot of things on cruises, but I'm not going to be so uber cheap that I'd bring soda onboard vs just going with the convenience of the soda package.

If carrying a pack of soda is that big of a challenge for you, then maybe you should stop drinking soda and hit the weight room.

Many people can carry it without the struggle you seem to have. Many people with status or FTTF can access their storeroom right away to drop soda off.

Doesn't really have to do anything with being cheap. As others have mentioned, some prefer different brands than Carnival offers, some prefer not to have a flat soda because tropical temp soda was poured over ice.

I always thought going to the MDR was like going to a nice restaurant. Do you bring a can of soda with you to a restaurant at home?

I always thought going to the MDR was like going to a nice restaurant. Do you bring a can of soda with you to a restaurant at home?

Apples and oranges. Many establishments ashore do not permit bringing in personal food and beverages, same with movie theaters. Carnival allows us to bring canned beverages on board and to bring them into the dining room. Usually the waiter will see my can on the table and ask if I would like a glass and ice for my soda. Carnival is not pretentious. There are much more expensive lines for that.

Last April for the first time I got BB for my daughter (17) and her friend (19). Well we are leaving in 35 days and I asked her how many drinks she thought she had on that trip and she said one, maybe two. And her friend? One. So informed her we will not be doing BB on this cruise. Not cost effective.

If carrying a pack of soda is that big of a challenge for you, then maybe you should stop drinking soda and hit the weight room.

Many people can carry it without the struggle you seem to have. Many people with status or FTTF can access their storeroom right away to drop soda off.

Thanks for the insult, slow clap. :rolleyes:

FWIW we are in a suite on our next cruise and I still don't expect it to be accessible when we get onboard. We are also Diamond on RCI and since we typically take early embarkation, so again, no staterooms for many hours.

My point was that I've been the person on the ship getting whacked in the face/chest/back/etc (use your imagination) by others who insist on carrying everything including the kitchen sink aboard on embarkation day, can't get it to their stateroom, and then proceed to tour the ship, including yes, the buffet, which any experienced cruiser knows is a disaster on embarkation day.

I understand the brand arguments and such, but to ME it's not worth lugging 3-4 cases (realistically what we would need for a 7 nighter) aboard.

To each their own, these are just my opinions, nobody has to like them.

I cruised on carnival for he first time last Feb and bought BB for my two daughters then 11 and 14. We do not drink that many fizzy drinks (as we call them here in the UK) but I assumed that the drinks would be very expensive on board so bought BB. When I saw the price of the drinks on the checks I realised my kids needed to drink a lot to make it worth the cost. Since I don't like them to have rotten teeth, and I like them to drink lots of water, and the fact that we were off the ship more than we were on it, and that you can get water and lemonade all day anyway, I won't be buying it this time round. I also don't buy the alcohol package as again you have to drink a lot! I just take on my allowed soft drinks and bottle of wine and take it from there.

We don't drink soda, but we do drink diet cranberry juice and lots of water. So the bottomless bubbles package would be a waste for us. We are ordering 2 packs of water to have in our stateroom. We will be packing 2 wine bottles, and a few packs of cranberry juice in a rolling carry on. The carry on will be used to bring our dirty clothes home.