Liquor scanning?

suzieinthesun

yeah, you are correct.

I am sure the security folks could care less, especially since I believe they are contracted and are not Carnival employees.

The people scanning the carry ons answer to a US Gov. boss, not CCL. They don't care but their boss is close by. The checked bags are scanned inside the ship, almost surely by CCL employees. And as long as there are no HQ bosses around, they couldn't care less.

Dan

What about aluminum bottles of beer?

For beer:

You can basically just wrap a 12-pack around a towel and put it in your suitcase. The towel is just padding but if they do open your bag, which they won't, they might miss it. Now the smart way to bring on some beer is take a 12pack of off-brand soda (don't really want Coke or something they actually have onboard) carefully open that box, remove the soda and replace with your choice of beer. Then carefully glue the end of the box back. POOF!, you have a 12-pack of off-brand soda...as far as they know:D. No worries.

• 9 years later...
For beer:

You can basically just wrap a 12-pack around a towel and put it in your suitcase. The towel is just padding but if they do open your bag, which they won't, they might miss it. Now the smart way to bring on some beer is take a 12pack of off-brand soda (don't really want Coke or something they actually have onboard) carefully open that box, remove the soda and replace with your choice of beer. Then carefully glue the end of the box back. POOF!, you have a 12-pack of off-brand soda...as far as they know:D. No worries.

You could do this 10 years ago, but now they rip open the 12 packs. I always carry tape to fix the boxes after so that I dont have cans rolling all over the place

They allow you to bring a bottle of wine...and there is no way an x-ray machine can tell the difference between a bottle of wine and a bottle of rum, vodka, etc., even if it can detect the bottle. So there is no way they can screen for it.

Most of the time they do not check the wine bottles but several times they have asked to see them. One time they asked my 16 year old daughter to see the bottle in her back pack. She showed it to them and let it go.

. Get plastic bottles, just to help with no breaking glass, or if you are bringing along water bottles, a friend always empties one, and fills it with other stuff, clear obviously, and tucks it in with the others and has had no problems.

They no longer allow you to bring bottles for this reason. You must buy the water onboard

I bought water onboard before getting off at a port. The excursion I was on also supplied water. Consequently, the water I had bought onboard had to be thrown away before reboarding the ship. What a waste of my money.

If it's a still sealed bottle of water that CCL sold you they are supposed to allow you to bring it back aboard.

What happens when you do get called down to the security room when they find liquor in your suitcase?

They place you in shackles and inside cabin for whole cruise!! Just kidding!!. All they do is confiscate.... Tell you what they did and why.

We did the NYE cruise on Glory. When we went to Guest Services to add our gift cards to our account, the two gentlemen next to us were trying to get their confiscated bottle back. They were told it was destroyed. They were not happy and were asking why they didn’t know ahead of time. <eye roll>

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no specific knowledge, but I bet liquor in its original container is much more frequently consumed by someone on the ship rather than destroyed.

Not to put to fine a point on it but wouldn't consumption destroy the liquor?:D

Looking on Amazon, definitely not a shortage of those type of flasks...910 results! Obviously they are working. Just may have to pick up a set myself before my upcoming cruise.

We've purchased a few different types of these from Amazon and had no problems. We also purchase drinks on the ship, at dinner, at shows, ect.