11-30-17 Thursday Weigh-In..Holiday Challenge..Are You Ready?

Belle

It is five weeks till January 4th weigh-in

That day do you want a win

To have no gain would be the best

To lose would be the test

So much food and drink around to celebrate

December we don't always eat straight

We have to be aware each week

Eat less food, cake, cookies and candy:eek:

Can you and me do this

Every Mr., Mrs. and Miss

Start with putting less food on your dish now

Then on January 5th you can say WOW

I wished I wouldn't have a gain during this Holiday Year

And I don't have one and I can Cheer

So are you ready to join the Challenge.....

The Holiday Wish

Thanks for the poem Belle, I am indeed ready! Thankfully, I'm not a Christmas fanatic and am not real worried about the coming month. Thats a big deal to many people though, so I wish you well.

I'm down 5 since Monday, which leaves 1lb of cruise weight left to tackle. Progress had slowed quite a bit before this cruise, so I'm changing up a few things and starting fresh this week. So far so good.

Looking forward to hearing how you guys are doing this week.

Belle, great inspiration.

Miraculously, despite lunches out and a buffet dinner....I lost 2 lbs. Go figure. I'm couple a lbs. away from pre-cruise weight.

Mike, wow, you're a star on losing your cruise weight. Congrats.

I need to get the rest off so I can gain it back at the end of January on our next cruise!

Hope everyone else did well.

Diana

Belle, thanks for the poem.

Great losses Mike and Diana.

I stayed the same, which is ok because I know that I gained over Thanksgiving weekend, so at least that weight is gone. I am still 10.4 lbs away from final goal weight.

Rose

I stayed the same I think..(.maybe just a little loss.) So will take stayed the same.

Keith..Thank you

Diana good loss! Never know why we have a loss or gain sometimes. But like

a loss much more! You'll be at pre-cruise weight before your next cruise I bet.

Mike see I told you water weight. Great loss, you were good this week! You'll

get that pound off soon I know.

Rose you joined me at we didn't gain. Wish I was as close to goal as you are.

They say last ten pounds are the hardest.

I know some of us don't have a lot of Holiday things going on, maybe just a few

but what's bad we have all the extra food and sweets that we see in markets and different

stores that TEMPT A LOT OF US!:eek: We have be aware and LEARN TO SAY....I DON'T NEED THAT!

December 1st Friday.. Dec. 24 and 25th Christmas Eve and Day. Dec. 13th Hanukkah

So no matter what Holiday you celebrate..Food and Drinks are all around this month.

So Be Careful Out There!

Way to go everyone! We're all in this together ;-)

I am up 1 this week :-/

Oh well life goes on. I'm staying in the game I guess that's the main thing.

A little stressed about the coming holidays but not too much. The hardest part is staying away from all those chocolate stocking stuffers in the stores. I'm waiting as close to the big day as I can to buy them. That way they have a better chance of making into stockings and not my tummy lol

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

Lizette it happens we gain sometimes, bet you'll get it off next week.

As you "chocolate" is my downfall. I swear when I'm in the stores

it\s calling my NAME!:evilsmile:

Yes we're all in this together. We want the best for everyone plus

ourselves.

Everyone what tips are you trying/using to get through the Holidays without gaining?

Thanks Belle.

Getting through the holidays... I think I'm just going to try and stay as busy as possible. I eat when I'm bored. Also, it's much easier for me not to eat certain things if I don't start. I find once my mouth gets a taste of something yummy its game over

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

It's Friday. December 1st. How can it be the 12th month of the year already?

Are you ready for the weekend? Are you doing things to get ready for the Holidays?

Seems like we had all the time to do do things and here it's the 1st already.

Making cookies or candy? If I make my candy this year will make it at last minute

so won't be tempted to eat it. Or if I do only a piece or two. Or best is to buy some

very good kind and give that away instead. Who knows? What are you doing?

I really missing the people who use to come in here.

I hope they haven't given up. Come in even if not doing good. You won't do as bad if here.

Hope there not coming because they weren't getting enough support in here.

Main thing was to keep accountable by weighing in each week.

We really should give each other more tips if we have them. It is nice to hear what

we're each doing. Food we're eating, drinking and what exercise we're doing. Gives

us ideas of things we can try in our quest to lose weight and be healthy.

So come on in..everyone welcome. Know there's a lot of people who read this

post,, just don't read..COME JOIN US! LOVE TO HAVE YOU!

Hi all!

Belle ~ encouraging thoughts from you as always.(y)

I too hear chocolate call my name. I just started my Advent Calendar & the piece in there was not big enough.:(

I had a nice Christmas meal Wed. so am sad to report I'm up a pound. It was worth it though. The theatre has been playing some good movies lately so I just have to have popcorn while watching, just a small one mind you & not hot buttered unfortunately.:o

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Moscow Mule #3...

But! Had the black bean hummus and grilled chicken for dinner - that helps offset, right?!?

As Penn Gillette sez, it was "rare and appropriate", not a cheat day.

Feel great this morning though - took the dog to the park, sipping coffee and water, and not having regrets or cravings.

Oh, and the real test - did a belt replacement at the candy factory yesterday, and the owner always gives us huge bags of the greatest chocolates and caramels in the state (Cerreta Candy). That big bag rode shotgun the rest of the day, and didn't have even one - saving them for the family when they visit at Christmas.

Things be clicking for me finally! e38cc613e68ad3abc59375e54c350722.jpg

Another couple miles of walking in at the local balloon glow this afternoon/tonight. Had a shrimp/jicama/strawberry salad for dinner (but dang it the bowl of tortilla chips called to me, with another mule....)

Topped out at 1500 calories for the day, so except for the alcohol, a good day...

15JHZJfTNeYCrrP2xxy-_fXC1yCx9KpIIZtCh3bkiRm2k7IJ60pyxX0GfRGLpfokU_3BHeTBs0rbxLU5M5vYuexY8XS-4cl391HVrRqVJsoNAbRyqhYAsEfWUit45zVA4z3N8dhturJbIBME7DbWUqDxLxLhd3Zl1-IAaP5BSNoxpnFwYqeyKMFYJRfZptfcLQYqrH-oPKMgcK9KmZhxiw57m0Qhd0rVaFQtlHXsjpw6jYBcOQnQU8qONiK3FKWukTW1wsMCefqYw89XQnDlDuXlIi94cbjcfv1HOJjbd1ka0opN5LR-YsmfqJz2RV6BSv2wIw8ATfwsXQf9ROGPzOGbBA4gIM6SNb2NXEj6Mmjryue-JafYeAwyXigZ4gtdjIA1zOWP5ZllJ5YYoQ1w1XWViqDo7Wfc41226aFoaW_rUOUQxg0qQuiZTI9AgUu2dNgWFr3_ax5IrjUFi82r2I0EhwP3_HrgiRXiZ-nbNjQO4JBPGlu0m1qKBCsK_KJqWG5Ad_OzsZJJCz_asKS2TzMQw0Go_EQuuXBa4LD9Jp9A9IBn4Sjtyjyxx4Yt4BbAwq7rBsyRNWvsD2K6Nqv7iefDw2T-=w1493-h965-no

vqUvfF608WRZFil4gDBE8MUHLkI_JNO_14uMOoff-yrNBpOw0zKRwcgC8o24ZdwmyBDE_C7-nfpL-uX-0Sf7gPthCDFkkcqFfYXle0ilcb36K3mN8-CjUOoV_P1MwW8S3WYhbtLlyu5UQJR3ilVC4X0Pf7FE60KXw0bagTPbUpm_JzTgNcEPGoeEiYUQqxPiWRlDumYy3V4rP-FsT0rIIatBpLTL-kFFeFxaKfZhiQIiicw17TvZA-aa69cn_htthX5KmOTM_BdiQLxza8n22AJxHJSsw_WgseclCqNH0ZRCi1j9H21727zlxdXaorUOFtbNi2z9xI4-VO8uctrdOrSLMP0leUL7ozkidzY6RtUcTUQDRWalScx4HuDrRJepa4GZYAJYWqPBlS7fEcpiy4i6HVgra5T3qIHzYKfkVBBLAvmLOwtz5OUTg3VwdHZsE5ph47Ni_k3XSpK3PLeSDZjg_MidflkGctJbcH3EaANOFbD510IjgdZ0JOjbjVsiqpzmjEDZ9svrgWeRhL1lKuZ7x7J76kNfODGrp9v1vm7arT8FAHjTfN1ZnBU7J1D-3DECafUizjDypWs2vYpdPNSJqQph=w544-h967-no

Hey guys. Still doing well here. My routine is fairly simple on weekdays, smoothie (kale, greek yogurt, blueberries, flax and a little protein powder) for breakfast and fruit, veggie and nuts for lunch. Dinner isn't as clear cut as my wife usually takes care of it for my son and I. She's very health conscious too, but probably not quite as extreme as I've been the last several months. The key for me for dinner is portion control whatever it is. Pre-cruise I still had a sweet of some sort after dinner every night, but post cruise its been berries with agave. Exercise pre-cruise was 3mi +/- a day on the treadmill or outside. Post cruise has been 2mi on treadmill at higher intensity and 100 pushups. So its working for now. If I can just score another 15-20lbs I think I'll be content finally.

Have a great Sunday! Lots of football to watch.

Afternoon All

Jo Thank You but sometimes I don't listen to myself! :o

Ate to much this weekend, mostly good stuff but to much.

Hope you had a good weekend and no chocolate called your name.

shootr WOW you lost a lot in a week! (v) You did so good at

the candy factory. Is it still in the bag, that's a test too! Would I pass?:evilsmile:

Love your picture you painted. You know when you use tapatalk I see your

pictures but when google I can't.

Mike your doing good in your eating and exercising. Your good about keeping to

a routine. That's mine and popbably other's problem, our routines on eating and exercising

gets out of wack!:(

Liz, Diana, Rose hope you all had a good weekend.

Hope we all had a good weekend and coming week that on Thursday WE don't have any Gains!

Checking in.......Wow, shootr, great job on losing. Wish I would lose like that!

Mike, you're doing well too.

Lizette and Jo, sorry you gained. Rose, good you stayed the same.

I'm trying not to have a gain on Thursday but I don't know..........

Belle, thanks for checking on us.

Tips, hmmm, trying to snack on fruit and yogurt when I'm hungry. Of course keep telling hubby that corn chips are NOT a vegetable. Hard to eat healthy when he's snacks on junk......

Have a good evening everyone.

Diana

Afternoon All

Jo Thank You but sometimes I don't listen to myself! :o

Ate to much this weekend, mostly good stuff but to much.

Hope you had a good weekend and no chocolate called your name.

shootr WOW you lost a lot in a week! (v) You did so good at

the candy factory. Is it still in the bag, that's a test too! Would I pass?:evilsmile:

Love your picture you painted. You know when you use tapatalk I see your

pictures but when google I can't.

Mike your doing good in your eating and exercising. Your good about keeping to

a routine. That's mine and popbably other's problem, our routines on eating and exercising

gets out of wack!:(

Liz, Diana, Rose hope you all had a good weekend.

Hope we all had a good weekend and coming week that on Thursday WE don't have any Gains!

Very little of the loss was long term fat, just residual from too much eating. This week has been fair - feeling good but not sure making progress on going down.

Getting my steps in and eating is mostly good but holiday treats laying everywhere - I've had more than I should.

Lots of windshield time this week - hate that, hard to find the hours to get it all in.

(I had one of the French Mints out of the candy bag - otherwise it has been untouched.)