Your top fashion or beauty "discovery" in 2017?

cruisemom42

Since this is the time of year when editors always roll out those end of year stories with the "top" things of 2017, I thought it might be fun to share our top finds or discoveries in fashion or beauty (related to cruising, of course ;)).

Doesn't have to be something that just came out this year -- but something YOU found out about or started to use...

I'll start:

I discovered these Smartwool secret sleuth no-show socks that are comfortable, stay in place, and are great to wear with low-cut espadrilles, loafers, etc. that otherwise might give me a blisters.

https://www.socksaddict.com/smartwool-womens-secret-sleuth-no-show-socks

I don't like the WonderBrow or micro-blade look for eyebrows.

I found this brow gel and it works for me and looks natural yet fills in and tames brows:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anastasia-beverly-hills-tinted-brow-gel/2858914?top=72&brand=55

I discovered this eyebrow pencil --the blonde is more of a dark ash blonde and is perfect for me https://www.target.com/p/no7-beautiful-brow-pencil/-/A-51141406

I love the Smartwool Stealths too (y)

Mine isn't a product, it is a tip I wish I'd heard 15 years ago.

When covering up dark circles under your eyes apply the concealer in a triangle, not a semi-circle, from the corners of your eyes. Triangle point ends on the top of the cheekbone. Makes the concealer much more effective at concealing. (This might be old news to everyone except me ;) )

I love the Smartwool Stealths too (y)

Mine isn't a product, it is a tip I wish I'd heard 15 years ago.

When covering up dark circles under your eyes apply the concealer in a triangle, not a semi-circle, from the corners of your eyes. Triangle point ends on the top of the cheekbone. Makes the concealer much more effective at concealing. (This might be old news to everyone except me ;) )

I never heard this either -- but now I will try it. Thanks for sharing. :)

I have super sensitive skin and I'm in love with Clinique's moisture surge overnight masque. I also began using John Frieda Luminous Glaze and it really helps me keep my auburn hair color looking good between appointments.

I have been doing this for a number of years ... I am not sure how to explain this without sounding weird :D. To blot off excess oil that accumulates in the "t-zone" throughout the day, I use a small piece of a toilet seat cover (ahem ... unused of course!). I cut up one up in smaller square sheets and keep some in my office desk and purse. This is basically the same as the thin paper blotters you buy in a pack at the drugstore. Works like a charm!

Also, when wearing shorts or dresses, I use a light shade of Sally Hansen leg makeup to even out my legs' skin tone, and to cover up some visible scars, bruises, or veins. Also when wearing a top or dress that has an open neckline, it works great on my decolletage, lightly layered over BB cream and a light dusting of setting powder, to even out my skin tone (visible sun damage).

I have been doing this for a number of years ... I am not sure how to explain this without sounding weird :D. To blot off excess oil that accumulates in the "t-zone" throughout the day, I use a small piece of a toilet seat cover (ahem ... unused of course!). I cut up one up in smaller square sheets and keep some in my office desk and purse. This is basically the same as the thin paper blotters you buy in a pack at the drugstore. Works like a charm!

This sounds like a genius idea. I'm past the age of having oily skin but I know the type of blotters you mention.

Keep those ideas and discoveries coming!

Got this tip from a friend and I've been doing it every night. I use Preparation H under my eyes and on my upper lip for wrinkles. It seems to tighten the skin, but the smell isn't necessarily the best.

I would be a bit concerned to use it under my eyes -- I'd think it would be very irritating if it accidentally gets into the eye. Have you had any problems with that?

Got this tip from a friend and I've been doing it every night. I use Preparation H under my eyes and on my upper lip for wrinkles. It seems to tighten the skin, but the smell isn't necessarily the best.

I recall reading that they've changed the formula so it isn't as effective as it was in the past for tightening the skin under the eyes.