Britannia Rear Corner Suites

Bruce62

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We have just booked one of these after much research. The balcony's are much bigger and wrap around the side of the ship, i have never seen a bigger balcony. Most of them have two sun loungers, two chairs and side table a well as a full size table and chairs for meals.Inside the layouts are slightly different too as they have double doors from both the bedroom and living area where the bedroom doors face port side or starboard and living room doors face rearwards.

Hopefully they gives you a better idea. We found a number of videos on Youtube from past passengers who did a walk through of their cabins.

The only downsides we found reported were of soot on the balcony's from the engine funnels as your at the back, this seemed to be worse the higher your suite was. Also a couple of reports of noise from the Live Lounge as that is at the back of the ship on a lower deck and the smoking areas are just outside on both sides. This venue turns into the club later on, however we stay up late and don't think this will be a problem for us.

Do try Youtube

We had B725 for our cruise and loved it.

As has been said biggest and best balcony I have seen yet due to it being the main portion you’d normally get plus the wrap around.

The size of the room was also larger than other suites we visited.

The only issue was the judder when the props broached as it felt like the ship fluttered a bit but nothing that kept us away or disturbed us even in the Bay of Biscay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had a cabin above these F729 and they looked amazing. .. but as you have said are affected by soot. We found that our balcony was affected more in 2017 than when she was new . Some are near the live lounge which can ve noisy in the day when they rehearse.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I remember reading a while ago about the differences between these cabins in regards to size of balcony, and being overlooked.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Many thanks,

Without repeating the multiple problems that we had with an F deck corner wrap suite (as I have commented at length on previous threads) I strongly advise you to search this forum for previous threads and read in detail. We would never book another aft suite on Britannia (we love the ship and the suites, but prefer the forward ones) as we had several problems. Each problem on its own could have been tolerable, but the combination of them put a real downer on the cruise. We did receive sizeable compensation, but would have preferred to have not had the problems. We have had an aft corner suite on Ventura and had none of the issues and we have one booked on Arcadia and don’t anticipate any of the issues either, but Britannia is a different matter.

Hi, In summary from all of the posts and from what I’ve seen B is best. If you look at aft images of Britannia you will see that the layout differs slightly I think D deck and F deck have the doors in a different place and inside don’t have a separate drinks cabinet.

I have had the aft-wrap on E deck, the balcony is not large enough to have a sofa that some of the aft-wraps have.

Some say A & G are noisy.

Soot is an issue, not sure I would book an aft-wrap on this ship again, it’s swings and roundabouts.

I have seen that a butler is included in the package for these rooms,grateful of any advice from anyone who has used this service

Yes, a Butler is provided with all Suites on all P&O ships. If you search 'Butlers' within the P&O UK forum you will find all the information you need. We find it to be a very over-rated service and have had more 'mediocre' butlers than great ones and their regular visits to be somewhat intrusive, but we retain them for the odd thing that does add value, such as in-cabin (inc balcony) dining.

Yes, a Butler is provided with all Suites on all P&O ships. If you search 'Butlers' within the P&O UK forum you will find all the information you need. We find it to be a very over-rated service and have had more 'mediocre' butlers than great ones and their regular visits to be somewhat intrusive, but we retain them for the odd thing that does add value, such as in-cabin (inc balcony) dining.

Not wanting to start a Butler argument but I agree entirely!

I assume if you put ‘do not disturb’ on the door, then they don’t?

I assume if you put ‘do not disturb’ on the door, then they don’t?

Well I suppose we could, but having to remember to do that all of the time is also an inconvenience that you don’t need! Besides, the times that we have a Suite are when we take our daughters with us and put them in an adjacent cabin and they will come and go from our suite which, of course, we don’t mind. The point that I am really making is that Butlers tend to turn up quite regularly doing questionable / somewhat unnecessary things which are, in my view, in order to try to demonstrate their worth which, of course, is with an eye on a potential end of Cruise additional gratuity! But that’s just my experience. Others have a very different and far more positive experience with Butlers and get them to do all sorts of things, such as unpacking all their clothes!