Transportation From RED WING MN

willift

We're booked on the American Queen St Louis to (Red Wing) Minneapolis cruise July 30th til Aug 6th. The sailing ends in Red Wing MN an hour from Minneapolis. AQSC's excursion seems pretty lame for getting you back to civilization ($69.00 and a driving tour of the city with a drop off at the airport)

Does anyone have experience with disembarkation for this itinerary? We need to be back at the airport for a 12:30 flight

You can go to the airport on a direct bus, check your bags, and catch the light rail to the Mall of the Americas before heading back to the airport. I did it and the direct airport bus was much less than $69.00/person. With a 12:30 flight getting to and from downtown probably would not work. The Mall by lightrail is at the most 15 minutes away from the airport. and under $5.00/person.

Thanks for the help. I can't seem to find any information on "Public Bus" from Red Wing. Do you have any company names or more detail. Everything I seem to find is Private Shuttles priced more expensive than AQSC's tour.

I can't find anything either. Greyhound's route doesn't go through Red Wing. There's a daily Amtrak, but it doesn't leave for St Paul until 8:49PM, no baggage, so that's out. If you could somehow get to St Paul, there's an easy route from downtown (e.g., Union Station) on the Metro light rail Green Line to Minneapolis, then onto the airport on the Blue Line. Costs only $2pp, and would take about 30 mins. Or, there's a direct bus from St Paul to the airport that's even quicker and cheaper. But getting to St Paul inexpensively - I have no idea. Am pretty sure there's no "direct bus" from RW.

Have no idea why one would continue on south from the airport to nearby Mall of America, given that time is of the essence (12:30 flight).