Mexican Riviera March Cruise

PNG12977

I live in Arizona and am looking to go on a Mexican Riviera cruise in March. One concern I have is will it be chilly until it gets to Cabo or Mazatlan. I know once it departs from San Pedro or Long Beach the Pacific Ocean is very chilly until you get approx. 2/3 the way down the Baja Peninsula. I think one that departs Mar 17th the 1st two days are at sea before getting to Cabo. Is it just going to go very slowly in the cold northern pacific waters those 1st two days? I don't want to pay to fly to Miami. I have done a Western Caribbean, but I'd like to save on the airfare and just drive to the port in Long Beach. I hate cold, even cool weather. Will I be miserable the 1st 2 days?

We don't know you, we can't tell if you will be miserable or not.

You have correctly predicted the general weather. It could be cool the first 24-36 hours...some of which is at night. It will warm as you head south, but I don't think it will be chilly in Cabo. A quick Google search will get you standard weather for Cabo. Have been there in March a couple of times, and planning on going again in March 2019. Chilly has never crossed my mind there. Coming up to San Diego, yes. Cabo, no. No way to predict exactly how cool it might be. You might catch a heat wave as well.

One thing I have found by doing this itinerary a few times is you want your sea days on the way down rather than way back. you have more opportunity to be out on the Sundeck while the ship is traveling southbound. Those sea days when you come up and are heading north tend to be chillier or windier than when heading south. However I get cold really easy and did not find it cold on the first sea day leaving out of LA heading towards Cabo. It's not as warm as the Caribbean but it's not unusable as a day. I find the last sea day to be the day where you might not want to be out by the pool.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The days might be cold for someone from Southern AZ but not for a someone in the upper mid west.

We’re on a 3/17 sailing and expecting warm weather most of the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done the round trip itinerary from LA in February. The evening of sailaway, weather was typical clear mild southern CA evening weather. By the time that we woke up the next morning cruising down the Baja it was pool and suntanning weather so the first sea day was spent poolside. The remainder of the cruise was beach or pool weather including the sea days coming back. Can't remember anything particular about wind. Looking forward to cruising this itinerary again this March!

Also on the March 26th cruise, but first time doing MR in March. Previously have done 7 day MR itineraries in January. It was chilly the first and last days, but our So Cal weather is variable in the late winter and early spring. It can be hot one day, and cold the next. We just plan our indoor activities for those cooler days, and the pool/deck things for the middle days.

Also on the March 26th cruise, but first time doing MR in March. Previously have done 7 day MR itineraries in January. It was chilly the first and last days, but our So Cal weather is variable in the late winter and early spring. It can be hot one day, and cold the next. We just plan our indoor activities for those cooler days, and the pool/deck things for the middle days.

Hi fellow shipmate !! :)

Yep...You have the same game plan we have..

Patti

We are going early March (March 3) and I've been having the same thoughts.....but being from So Cal, and this year is NOTHING like last year (hardly any rain, and today is 80!!), it's pretty hard to predict. I'm thinking it will be coolish in San Pedro when we board, and probably the first (at sea) day. Expecting it to be 80-ish in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. .

We are going early March (March 3) and I've been having the same thoughts.....but being from So Cal, and this year is NOTHING like last year (hardly any rain, and today is 80!!), it's pretty hard to predict. I'm thinking it will be coolish in San Pedro when we board, and probably the first (at sea) day. Expecting it to be 80-ish in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. .

We are going March 3rd too! Splendor baby!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which were from our zone are looking forward to the cruise down the Mexican Riviera cruise will be will you make it so you have to look at the positives for the negatives hope all have a good time on the cruise we are also going in March I'm not even thought about the Coldwater is looking out much fun we're going to have just my way of looking at things.

In response to the thread we too are from Arizona and we are looking so much going on this cruise I really about worry about the water temperature how much fun we're going to have. We can change the water temperature so you might as well make the best of it well that's my opinion we been other places where the water was cold and we just are you still at as far as the temperature outside we do have them put your house on the throne jacket on in the morning and take off the afternoon and try to get some sun.