QE BD Grade Cabins Aft - Noise or vibration?

Splice the mainbrace

I am considering booking a 2019 cruise on QE and looking at BD aft cabins on Deck 5, 6 or 7. I have searched the internet (and cabin reviews on this site) and ship noise / vibration is not mentioned but there are some reviews for QV which does mention this in this cabin location (something to do with the propulsion pods).

For those of you who have been in the QE BD grade aft cabins have you experience any ship noise / vibration, other than can be experienced when maneuvering around ports.

I've been on QE twice before but not in this location.

We were in 4188 last month (port stern corner suite) so nearer to any noise or vibration than you might be. There was some vibration especially at 20 knots, although that's quite subjective: it was enough to cause glasses to chink against each other if they were touching, I got up one night to rearrange the glasses, but nothing which caused us any irritation or sleep deprivation. A bit of noise from the mooring gear managed to get up from Deck 1 which was surprising, although as we were up early to greet every port again it wasn't an irritation. I obviously can't say how much of what we experienced would reach the decks above us, but unless you're acutely sensitive to noise/vibration (in which case why would you holiday on a ship rather than in an hotel?) it's probably not going to be a deal breaker.

Our next door neighbours in 4190 said they always try to book that suite both on QE and QV so I think whatever downsides there may be to being at the blunt end, near the noisy bits, are offset by other factors.

Edited by kentchris

• 2 weeks later...

We were on QE Deck 7, cabin 7148, last cabin aft before the suites.

Lovely and quiet with no vibration or noise from the engines, the only negative was the inside cabin opposite us. The occupants were constantly in and out of the cabin leaving the door to slam shut. Drove me mad when they were getting ready for their night out and chatting with people a couple of cabins down.

I have vowed that I will now only book cabins where there are NO cabin entrances opposite me !!