Loyalty Status

Robb

The status is the same - but the benefits are different. We got more internet time and more complimentary laundry on Celebrity than we did on Azamara. :(

Read it carefully so you won't be surprised or disappointed.

I do not use the internet on any vacation, never have, never will (I hope). Laundry is of little concern................I will check the small print.

Thanks for the answers:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Coming over from celebrity you will be probably never be able to get free nights either. Over half you cruises have to be on Azamara. We have too many shorter Celebrity cruises compared to our 10-19 night cruises on Azamara. Wished they would look at nights or number of cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not use the internet on any vacation, never have, never will (I hope). Laundry is of little concern................I will check the small print.

Thanks for the answers:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

To be honest, if you don't use internet and aren't bothered about the laundry then the perks aren't going to excite you much unless you do an onboard booking. The benefits here are quite a bit better than Celebrity. The $398 stateroom upgrade if available is offered to all LCV members, but as Discoverer Plus you'll be higher up the pecking order. And yes, going up a level will give you some free nights, but only if more than 50% of your cruises are on Azamara vs Celebrity.

Phil

The other way of saying all this is that Azamara gives everybody many of the benefits that Celebrity reserves for loyalty levels :)

I disagree. I actually find Celebrity's loyalty program superior, especially the upper tiers and particularly the top tier. There are some good aspects of Azamara's Le Club Voyage program, specifically the onboard booking benefits which is why I was so vocal about the Future Cruise Sales trial, but others are lacking. Unlimited internet and laundry are not available for any tiers. Nor is an included beverage package. The first and last do however sometimes feature in sales promotions and this perhaps is an indication of Azamara's thought process at the moment. Not so interested in guest loyalty and more about new sales.

Of course the onboard experience as far as I'm concerned compared to Celebrity is Azamara all the way, but a rethink on the loyalty perks would be welcome. And the prices!

Phil

I have to agree Phil. Azamara benefits to the higher tier guests are inferior to Celebrity. It is as if they want some repeat bookings from a guest but not higher levels of loyalty. The onboard booking benefits are good but I would like to see a far more generous laundry allowance. It sucks that if two are you are travelling together, both of whom have been very loyal to the cruise line you have to share one bag every seven days.

At Platinum, it should be unlimited.

Azamara has cut back on both the laundry benefit and the internet benefit. We used to get two bags of laundry, and I think the internet benefit was at least 240 minutes.

Those of us who were already at Discoverer Plus level on January 1 2015 AND had done most of our sailing on Azamara got NO free nights at all. The most frequent customers (I hate the word guests) got nothing.

I discovered that we could be very happy on Oceania, Seabourn, Regent, and even Celebrity. I've booked our first Azamara cruise in a long time because I want to see Cuba. I'll be happy if we get the LCV suite upgrade, which would be the best LCV benefit of all.:)

Azamara has cut back on both the laundry benefit and the internet benefit. We used to get two bags of laundry, and I think the internet benefit was at least 240 minutes.

Those of us who were already at Discoverer Plus level on January 1 2015 AND had done most of our sailing on Azamara got NO free nights at all. The most frequent customers (I hate the word guests) got nothing.

I discovered that we could be very happy on Oceania, Seabourn, Regent, and even Celebrity. I've booked our first Azamara cruise in a long time because I want to see Cuba. I'll be happy if we get the LCV suite upgrade, which would be the best LCV benefit of all.:)

I also missed out on the free nights for the same reason. The other cut back in relation to the free laundry is the bag got smaller so you can get less in your one bag.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

I also missed out on the free nights for the same reason. The other cut back in relation to the free laundry is the bag got smaller so you can get less in your one bag.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

We also missed out on free nights has we had been Discover Plus before they were intoduced.

It seemed very unfair and certainly did not reward long time loyalty.

Really? I must admit I hadn’t noticed a reduction in the size. I like those cloth bags. You can stuff quite a bit into them. The paper ones on Celebrity are not nearly as good.

Phil

Really? I must admit I hadn’t noticed a reduction in the size. I like those cloth bags. You can stuff quite a bit into them. The paper ones on Celebrity are not nearly as good.

Phil

They are better than paper ones but I agree that they have definitely got smaller over the years.

Phil

Phil, I'm sure you know the secret to getting the most laundry into the bag, but for those who don't:

Fold all your dirty laundry so that it's as flat as you can get it. I know it sounds counterintuitive; who folds dirty laundry? But you can get much more in the bag if your stuff is flat. This works in cloth bags as well as paper, although the paper ones on Celebrity tend to rip no matter what you do.

Phil, I'm sure you know the secret to getting the most laundry into the bag, but for those who don't:

Fold all your dirty laundry so that it's as flat as you can get it. I know it sounds counterintuitive; who folds dirty laundry? But you can get much more in the bag if your stuff is flat. This works in cloth bags as well as paper, although the paper ones on Celebrity tend to rip no matter what you do.

I fold and roll, I have managed to get a lot in that way but it takes time and who wants to spend time rolling up laundry on their holiday cruise thought that is mildly more preferable than visiting the laundry room

May I chime in and ask a question regarding laundry - if staying in a suite as a Discoverer LCV member, will you have access to two free bags of laundry per week? One as a benefit of the suite and one as an LCV benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I chime in and ask a question regarding laundry - if staying in a suite as a Discoverer LCV member, will you have access to two free bags of laundry per week? One as a benefit of the suite and one as an LCV benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it’s either or, so just one still.

Phil

Phil

They are definitely smaller my wife took the measurements in 2011 and I can assure you they have shrunk.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app