whats the huge difference between nassau beaches

czexrus

Love Beach, Pearl island, megans bay, melia, Blue lagoon...

what is the difference between?

Looking for a nice beach for just my boyfriend and i, not a lot of kids preferably.

Love Beach is a natural beach that is not easy to get to and is not well maintained. It is generally not crowded and you can rent chairs and get drinks at Nirvana nearby. Generally calm water. This beach is located west of town, near Compass Point.

Pearl Island is a small island off the eastern end of Paradise Island. It's got a very small sandy area and a cute lighthouse and gift shop. Very commercial. Water on the north side can be choppy. The small beach on the south side has calm water. You will need an excursion to get there as this is an private island.

Magen's bay - NOT in Nassau

Melia is a moderate size hotel set on Cable Beach. You'll need a day pass to use this facility. There is an adult pool, but it's not enforced. Family friendly.

Blue Lagoon is accessible by Dolphin Encounter ferries only. You will need an excursion to get to this private island. It is home of the dolphin encounter and is very busy with families. Lagoon is shallow water.

North Side of the island is less crowded, and the water is choppy===but not dangerous. As I mentioned.. lots of families with kids.

Nassau is VERY family oriented. Not easy finding a place to get away from the kids.

Edited by scubagirrl

Magen's Bay is in St Thomas. :)

You could try a day pass at Sandals Resort if you want to get away from kids. It's an adults-only all inclusive resort. It's not cheap, though. The day pass costs $110 a person.

I think RIU is now adult only, Breezes 14 and over.