Problem with the referral program

MNgardens

I have recently run into a problem and I am hoping the experienced Azamara travelers will be able to advise me.

I have organized a 6 person, 3 cabin family trip to celebrate my 30th anniversary. I have been on Azamara twice and Windstar three times. When it came to the final decision we went with Azamara feeling that it had the most to offer a diverse set of people.

I filled out the referrals page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/refer-receive-program. I figured that I would be eligible to earn some credits from this booking.

I received an email from the referral program saying that a travel agent is not eligible to earn credits.

I am not a travel agent and never have been one. I am a housewife.

I responded to the email stating that. Do you think this will be resolved quickly or what other steps should I take?

Thanks for any and all advice!

I have recently run into a problem and I am hoping the experienced Azamara travelers will be able to advise me.

I have organized a 6 person, 3 cabin family trip to celebrate my 30th anniversary. I have been on Azamara twice and Windstar three times. When it came to the final decision we went with Azamara feeling that it had the most to offer a diverse set of people.

I filled out the referrals page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/refer-receive-program. I figured that I would be eligible to earn some credits from this booking.

I received an email from the referral program saying that a travel agent is not eligible to earn credits.

I responded to the email stating that. Do you think this will be resolved quickly or what other steps should I take?

Not sure I see any "problems" with the refer and receive program. Your link sets out the terms and conditions rather clearly. There is no 'credits' as you mention but merely a monetary value assigned by way of a certificate once the people in your referred reservation sail. One certificate per reservation, a maximum of three can be applied to any sailing you book within 12 month of the issue of the certificate . We've received three of such certificates for new business we sent Azamara's way and had no problems applying them to current bookings prior to final payment. Hope this help in your understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why not wait for a response to your email from Azamara before stating on the internet that there is a problem with the program?

I should have been more precise with my wording- when I said credits I meant the monetary value via a certificate for future cruises. In the terms and conditions they refered to this as future cruise credits.

The problem I see is that I was not even asked if I was bringing a personal group on board. If they had actually looked at the referral information provided they would have seen my LCV number and that I was a member of a party. Somehow they jumped to the assumption I was trying to game the system as a travel agent.

The email to me was sent to me a few days ago. I replied almost 24 hours ago.

Now, I know that this may not be the most pressing issue that they have. I was interested in finding out if other people have had a similar issue and how they resolved it.

Hi, There is a form to fill out on the link you provided above.

After you submit with their separate reservation numbers within 7 days of them booking you will get a confirmation email from the program as to whether it qualifies or not. The certificate automatically comes once the referred reservation sail.

I filed all the correspondence in a safe place and never had any issues. Once received I forwarded the certificates to my travel agent who had them applied and updated invoices were issued reflecting the reduced amount. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, and instead of receiving a confirmation email, this is the email I got:

"...Thank you for your interest in our Azamara Le Club Voyage Refer & Receive program. Unfortunately, Travel Agents are excluded from this benefit as the Refer & Receive Loyalty Benefit is reserved specifically for guests who are Le Club Voyage members."

I understand how the process should work. I filled out the form promptly and included my LCV number. Has anyone else had the process not work?

Were the six people (including you) booked on one reservation? There is a sentence in the program's terms and conditions that reads as follows:

"One FCC will be issued per new reservation; all guests in reservation must be new to Azamara Club Cruises."

Update:

I received an email stating that I will see a FCC after my party sails. (For marinaro - each stateroom had an individual reservation number.)

I can see why people are disappointed with corporate communications. The email managed to be ham handed - kind of a sorry, not sorry. I do not see how my submission could have been misunderstood when all one does is fill in a form that they devised.

I have printed out the email and am sticking it into my trip organizational binder. I am hoping now that everything has been inputted correctly and I will not have to follow up next fall.

Hoping you all have a great weekend.

Good morning MNgardens,

First and foremost, a BIG THANK YOU for bringing your friends and family to Azamara! We love it when someone refers us...it means you trust us to please your F&F.

And secondly, I'm very sorry about the confusion caused when our office mistakenly thought you were a travel agent. Thank you for letting all of us know it's been straightened out.