Palo on the Magic.

ACoupleAtSea

How long is the typical Palo experience? After Reading some reviews, we are wondering if it can be done in less than 4 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Certainly. Just let your server know when you'd like to be done. Some items on the menu may take too long to prepare (many things are prepared when ordered) so the server may direct you to other things.

Personally, I wouldn't rush it.

We've NEVER spent 4 hours at Palo. 90 minutes to 2 hours is about average, but we don't do after dinner drinks. We had one experience when they were really rushing us (don't know if they had a crowded night or what.) I even commented to my dinner companion that it was too fast. When we got back to the cabin, it had only been 75 minutes. DO NOT do this and if you feel rushed, let the server know that you want to slow down a bit.

90-120 minutes is perfect for us. I could see it running a little longer if you wanted to linger over after dinner coffee or alcohol.

Remy (on the Fantasy and Dream) is a 3-4 hour experience. Palo is like dining at a really nice restaurant--something we might do for a birthday or anniversary; there are definitely places like this in the medium sized city where I live. Remy is a dining experience unto itself--there is nothing like this anywhere near me. My guess is that similar restaurants are at WDW (Victoria and Albert), NYC, LA, and a few other large cities.

The longest we spent in Palo was Christmas Evening (on the Fantasy) just a few weeks ago. It was our family of 5 and it was a wonderful 2 hour meal, timed to just the right pace by our server. When it is just my wife and I, it typical is about a 90 minute meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums