Take you own wine

xtrail

Yes, with a $15 corkage fee for each bottle...unlimited bottles and you can drink wherever on the ship.

Our last cruise in 2016, we didn't have the UBP perk, so we brought 8 bottles with us. There is a table off to the side once you go through the security and the person there will put a sticker with your cabin number on each bottle and charge the cost to your account.

How much do they enforce the $15 fee? Any chance they are more lax for Suite guests and/or at certain ports?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Historically it has been quite random. I’ve taken wine onboard a few times and only been charged about half the time.

However, I haven’t taken any for a few years, and I suspect that they are stricter now due to the ban on taking other drinks onboard. Recently they have looked to be consistent regarding water, so I suspect they are much more likely to also spot wine.

I’ve never heard anything to suggest that suite guests get any special treatment, but there have certainly been some ports in the past which seemed to be less strict (Barcelona springs to mind). I don’t know whether that is still the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk