Azamara website excursion misinformation

Maya_C

With 3 Celebrity cruises behind me, I'm used to a cruise line's frustrating website. I'd hoped that Azamara, though related to Celebrity, would have one that worked better. After booking my first Azamara cruise (Journey, Barcelona to Lisbon, Oct 15), I wanted to view the excursions. In Seville, where the boat docks for a day and a half, there are five excursions to Malta and three in the Seville area. You won't believe how cheap it is to visit Malta from Seville! Even cheaper, the price for each of the three Seville excursions is $00.00. While I'd like to believe they're free, I doubt it, though I'm tempted to sign up for them if I can do it this far in advance. There are also excursions to Sicily on the sea day. Have any Azamara regulars seen this problem before? Can I expect the details about the excursions to be corrected?

Maya_C

With 3 Celebrity cruises behind me, I'm used to a cruise line's frustrating website. I'd hoped that Azamara, though related to Celebrity, would have one that worked better. After booking my first Azamara cruise (Journey, Barcelona to Lisbon, Oct 15), I wanted to view the excursions. In Seville, where the boat docks for a day and a half, there are five excursions to Malta and three in the Seville area. You won't believe how cheap it is to visit Malta from Seville! Even cheaper, the price for each of the three Seville excursions is $00.00. While I'd like to believe they're free, I doubt it, though I'm tempted to sign up for them if I can do it this far in advance. There are also excursions to Sicily on the sea day. Have any Azamara regulars seen this problem before? Can I expect the details about the excursions to be corrected?

Maya_C

Sadly Maya this happens all the time. As it is a few months before your trip hopefully it will get corrected soon. Our 8th April cruise on Journey has so many errors in its brochure including a shore excursion on a sea day (no not the insider access one) and in another port excursions returning 4 hours after the ship has sailed. Its really annoying that Azamara just cannot manage to proof read their brochures.

However although attention to detail is completely absent in the shore excursion brochures and plans, you will find on board lots of fantastic attention to detail, hope you enjoy your cruise.

The Azamara web site has had major problems for many years. If you continue to cruise with Azamara, you'll have to get used to it. The company seems to be putting its resources elsewhere. Should you search this board to get some sense of how far these problems go back, you'll have many hours of reading to do.

For those who worry about Azamara’s capacity to get things right, it’s worth having a look at Host Jazzbeau’s post #21 on the thread titled Onboard Quest Costa Rica Intensive, Jan15-25, 2018 https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2586588&page=2

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those who worry about Azamara’s capacity to get things right, it’s worth having a look at Host Jazzbeau’s post #21 on the thread titled Onboard Quest Costa Rica Intensive, Jan15-25, 2018 https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2586588&page=2

Yes further confirmation that onboard they can get it right but before you board, particularly in relation to the communication of accurate information and offerings (shore excursions etc) is a completely different matter.

Azamara's onboard performance, including rescheduling ports and events when things don't happen as planned has, for as long as I've cruised with them, been exemplary, but with all due respect Host Jazzbeau's experience and post on the matter doesn't have anything to do with what is being discussed on this thread and others on this board.

Phil

Azamara's onboard performance, including rescheduling ports and events when things don't happen as planned has, for as long as I've cruised with them, been exemplary, but with all due respect Host Jazzbeau's experience and post on the matter doesn't have anything to do with what is being discussed on this thread and others on this board.

Phil

You're right. The cheerleaders need to give their pompoms a rest.

Grandma never fails to defend Azamara, I wish I shared her faith in them but sadly other than the onboard experience I cannot.

I’m talking about the onboard experience. I agree that some find the admin side poor, although I personally have never had any issues over 6 Azamara cruises. I speak as I find.

I agree on board experience is great but if you are offered an excursion to a statue that disappeared 2000 years ago or excursions on sea days or trips to Malta from Seville then it MAY be a trifle disconcerting to a newbie who is NOT used to azamara eccentricities.

BONNIE surely somebody needs to sit down and LOOK at port times and actually THINK!!!!

PS Bonnie

Do you think you could prevail on Cruise critic to set up roll calls for Pursuit

There are roll calls, I am part of four - but I agree on your other post about the Land Discoveries - and when people find issues can we have a direct email address to have them addressed not a generic one - it gets so wearing having to keep asking the questions not knowing if they have been picked up on or not

PS Bonnie

Do you think you could prevail on Cruise critic to set up roll calls for Pursuit

There are 15 Roll Calls for Pursuit which show up on both the website and app. They have not yet been included in the Roll Call Finder Tool. I have asked for them to be added.