AFT pool confusion ???????

famof4togo

Hey there,

So sailed many years ago on Carnival and the Aft pool was "adults only" ...thought I read on these boards a few months back that they changed that and all pools were kid friendly now...but just today read some recent reviews that mentioned the AFT pool being Adults only again...so I am confused...

IS the AFT pool "adults only" or for everyone?????????? I'll be on the Splendor if that matters.....

Thanks in advance...fingers crossed to not start the latest "should kids be allowed" debate, genuine question and confusion lol....

"Formerly kept as adults-only spaces, the aft pools on several Carnival Cruise Line ships will now be open to families.

According to Carnival brand ambassador John Heald, the new designation applies to the Conquest-class ships -- Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom -- as well as Splendor and Victory.

Several of the ships (including Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Splendor, Valor and Victory) where the changes occurred either have a Serenity adults-only area or are getting one soon (like Conquest, during a dry dock in October)."

This article is from April 2017 and nothing has changed since then, based on what I know.

I will also add that I was on the Liberty in April 2017 when the change occurred and there were kids in the aft pool, and I was on the Vista in November 2017 and I feel like I saw children in the Tides aft pool (although the set-up on that ship is different than the Conquest class, so maybe it was always intended to be a space for all)

On Dream this month there were plenty of kids in the aft pool. I was disappointed as I'd like the 2 pools on a ship to be divided between 1 that welcomes kids and 1 that is adults only. There have been enough changes on Carnival lately that I decided not to book the free cruise bounce-back offer I received on Dream. I will continue to watch the Carnival board here on CC to see how changes progress.

"Formerly kept as adults-only spaces, the aft pools on several Carnival Cruise Line ships will now be open to families.

According to Carnival brand ambassador John Heald, the new designation applies to the Conquest-class ships -- Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom -- as well as Splendor and Victory.

Several of the ships (including Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Splendor, Valor and Victory) where the changes occurred either have a Serenity adults-only area or are getting one soon (like Conquest, during a dry dock in October)."

This article is from April 2017 and nothing has changed since then, based on what I know.

I will also add that I was on the Liberty in April 2017 when the change occurred and there were kids in the aft pool, and I was on the Vista in November 2017 and I feel like I saw children in the Tides aft pool (although the set-up on that ship is different than the Conquest class, so maybe it was always intended to be a space for all)

Aft pools on Conquest Class, Splendor, and Victory are back to Adults only and enforced. Vista was never included and pools are open to all with exception of Havana pool.

Hey there,

So sailed many years ago on Carnival and the Aft pool was "adults only" ...thought I read on these boards a few months back that they changed that and all pools were kid friendly now...but just today read some recent reviews that mentioned the AFT pool being Adults only again...so I am confused...

IS the AFT pool "adults only" or for everyone?????????? I'll be on the Splendor if that matters.....

Thanks in advance...fingers crossed to not start the latest "should kids be allowed" debate, genuine question and confusion lol....

Splendor aft pool is adults only. YEAH

On Dream this month there were plenty of kids in the aft pool. I was disappointed as I'd like the 2 pools on a ship to be divided between 1 that welcomes kids and 1 that is adults only. There have been enough changes on Carnival lately that I decided not to book the free cruise bounce-back offer I received on Dream. I will continue to watch the Carnival board here on CC to see how changes progress.

The Dream Class ships never had adult only aft pool. They were always family friendly. This would include the Dream, Magic, Breeze and also the Vista Class. The only "adult only" on these ships is the Serenity Deck. On the Vista, the Havana Cabins can only be booked to Pax 12 and older and, thus, the Havana Pool Deck will not have people under the age of 12.

The Conquest Class as well as the Splendor had adult only Aft pools (not the whole deck - that would be Serenity - but the actual pool as well as the hot tubs on the aft deck). In April 2017 they made a change to family friendly and then by May 2017 the pools were changed back to adult only on these ships :) I was very happy because the change back to adult only was the week before I sailed on a B2B on the Splendor ;)

There had been "talk" that it is possible that they could open them up as family friendly during high season times; however, I have not seen reports of this happening.

The aft pool policy change to family friendly was as myopic and boneheaded as Carnival's decision to do away with shrimp cocktail in the MDR. It was short-lived and reversed within a month of its implementation, mostly because of all the negative feedback us cruisers generated.

Both the Hotel Director and the Captain of a Conquest class ship acknowledged the goof as one of Carnival's worse policy decisions in the company's last few years at the Diamond Captain's Party I attended.

I know many of you more vocal Carnival fans are thrilled by the info that they changed back....But Carnival needs to communicate this information. I just booked a Conquest class ship. We loved the family-friendly aft pool on the Victory -- which when we cruised several years ago was not adults-only during spring break at least. We will survive if we can't swim in the pool and soak in the hot tubs next to the pizza stand and ice cream and the only covered pool in inclement weather. It seems kind of silly, since the Sunshine adults only pool was empty throughout our cruise. But I know we all have different views on this, and I do understand the desire for space without cannonballing kids.

But...can we all agree that maybe Carnival should make this information available online to guests? Carnival's website does not state either way. A google search reveals numerous news articles announcing the "family-friendly" change. Nothing announcing a change back. It would not have changed my mind about booking the particular cruise, but it might affect other families' decisions, and without reading this thread, families will be expecting that the only adults area is the area advertised as being adults only. We all know that it's nice to be prepared before setting foot on a ship.

Hey there,

Carnival decides each week who will be allowed in the aft pool based on who they deem appropriate. Carnival hasn't shared publicly what their criteria is to make that determination, but passengers have reported it seems to change based on unknown criteria.

So if that is important to you, make your booking accordingly. This is one area where Carnival chooses to not publicly state their policy.

this is just one more of Carnival's inconsistencies that annoy me.

I underdstand that things will change, but the changes and then the changes back and then the from ship to ship, one thing happens and on another it does not...just inconsistencies, and too many of them on Carnival lately.

I still like Carniva (for the most part)l, just in case anyone thinks i am bashing, but regardless of who I do business with, I do not like inconsistencies. JMO.

Carnival decides each week who will be allowed in the aft pool based on who they deem appropriate. Carnival hasn't shared publicly what their criteria is to make that determination.

I don’t think it’s determined each week or they wouldn’t have put the signs back up. Since them saying they changed back to adults only I haven’t heard of them reverting to family friendly at all. Hopefully it stays this way from here on out. It was also adults only in August on Conquest with lots of kids onboard. Sign from Glory in October

baba133d1ae85888d43ae3e45a0b0223.jpg

I know many of you more vocal Carnival fans are thrilled by the info that they changed back....But Carnival needs to communicate this information. I just booked a Conquest class ship. We loved the family-friendly aft pool on the Victory -- which when we cruised several years ago was not adults-only during spring break at least. ...

This is because the Victory never had adults only aft pool and hot tubs.

The only ships that had the adult only pool/hot tubs were the Conquest Class ships (Conquest, Glory, Liberty, Freedom) and the Splendor. The deck itself is not adults only, only the pool/hot tubs

As a previous poster stated, the change was made in April 2017 and then it was quickly reverted back weeks later in May 2017 due to consumer complaints.

The status of the pools (adult vs family friendly) has never been posted on the website....probably so they can make changes if needed.... however; as posted in a photo above, the ships stated all have the adults only plaque.

this is just one more of Carnival's inconsistencies that annoy me.

I underdstand that things will change, but the changes and then the changes back and then the from ship to ship, one thing happens and on another it does not...just inconsistencies, and too many of them on Carnival lately.

I still like Carniva (for the most part)l, just in case anyone thinks i am bashing, but regardless of who I do business with, I do not like inconsistencies. JMO.

I do feel like when customers are investing so much money, it would be nice if there was consistent, accurate information about what they are buying. The pools aren't the most important thing to us. We've always been happy with Carnival overall, despite minor nitpicking. We do like the aft pools and hot tubs because we can escape all the noise and craziness of the Lido -- it's not just adults who want that. Honestly, my kids will be happy if they're just allowed to read on the loungers back there and it's quieter but still near the food.

But it just seems odd and wrong that Carnival promoted the change and then quietly changed it back immediately after, if that's what they did -- since I still can't find any official info online. It sort of feels like they want to have their cake and eat it too. If it depends on the time of year (spring break etc.), announce that the aft pools will be adult only except between specific dates. If they're completely switched back, don't be afraid to announce that and explain the decision. Not that Carnival has ever been too great at clear communication. :D

This is because the Victory never had adults only aft pool and hot tubs.

That's what I thought, but in the past I've seen cruise critic members insist that Victory's aft pool was adults only and families were breaking the rules, so I wanted to clarify that we were not breaking the rules.

That's what I thought, but in the past I've seen cruise critic members insist that Victory's aft pool was adults only and families were breaking the rules, so I wanted to clarify that we were not breaking the rules.

Haven't been on Victory, but it was one that was listed along with Splendor and Conquest Class that were made family friendly so it seems that it was Adults only and is now again. If it was always that way, it wouldn't have been included in the list.

Was on the Conquest this past week (1/14/2018 to 1/20/2018) and it already has a Serenity Deck. As for the aft pool, I did not see lots of kids there, and the signs on the hot tubs there clearly say that they are adults only.