Olympics, Carnival and Chinese New Year

mimianderson

On our upcoming Quest trip to Mexico departing San Diego on Feb 8th, there will be three significant international events that I normally love to watch on TV and also celebrate with friends and family. The 2018 Winter Olympics broadcast their opening ceremonies on Feb 9th at 6AM EST, lent begins on Wednesday, Feb 14th with its associated Carnival events taking place the week(s) before and culminating in Mardi Gras on Feb 13th, and the Year of the Dog Chinese New Year's celebration will take place on February 16th. Does anyone know if the games will be broadcast anywhere on ship - and/or if the entertainment crew sets up fun events to acknowledge and celebrate these worldwide events?? We were just on the Celebrity Reflection for Halloween for a TA and the entire ship got involved with costumes, a party, special menus and more.

Also following this new thread with interest. Given the growing number of Aussies now cruising Azamara, the Commonwealth Games will be hosted on Australia's Gold Coast during our Transatlantic Crossing cruise on the Quest leaving Miami on 7 April. I know that being a US company ship (though registered in Malta) it might not be an important event for US citizens but if there will be a lot of Aussie and English guests I would like to think that there might be some TV coverage in the Spirits lounge for those interested, especially on sea days.

Also following this new thread with interest. Given the growing number of Aussies now cruising Azamara, the Commonwealth Games will be hosted on Australia's Gold Coast during our Transatlantic Crossing cruise on the Quest leaving Miami on 7 April. I know that being a US company ship (though registered in Malta) it might not be an important event for US citizens but if there will be a lot of Aussie and English guests I would like to think that there might be some TV coverage in the Spirits lounge for those interested, especially on sea days.

Canadians would be interested as well, but I’m not optimistic about your chances for serious coverage on the ship from either the CBC or BBC feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Canadians would be interested as well, but I’m not optimistic about your chances for serious coverage on the ship from either the CBC or BBC feeds.

Agreed, but you won’t know unless you ask[emoji16] so I have - it’s worth asking - stranger things have happened!

On our upcoming Quest trip to Mexico departing San Diego on Feb 8th, there will be three significant international events that I normally love to watch on TV and also celebrate with friends and family. The 2018 Winter Olympics broadcast their opening ceremonies on Feb 9th at 6AM EST, lent begins on Wednesday, Feb 14th with its associated Carnival events taking place the week(s) before and culminating in Mardi Gras on Feb 13th, and the Year of the Dog Chinese New Year's celebration will take place on February 16th. Does anyone know if the games will be broadcast anywhere on ship - and/or if the entertainment crew sets up fun events to acknowledge and celebrate these worldwide events?? We were just on the Celebrity Reflection for Halloween for a TA and the entire ship got involved with costumes, a party, special menus and more.

The only definitive answer I have so far is that the Winter Olympics will not be broadcast onboard. If I hear anything about the other events I'll be sure to let you know.