Who’s considering other cruise lines after the shocking CDC inspection failures?

rok233

I admit to not reading the report. However I will say this. As someone who use to manage restaurants years ago, I know they will get you for ANYTHING, usually silly stuff. I also know once you get a bad grade, it's usually corrected pretty fast and then higher standards are kept to prevent failing in the future. That being said, I'll happily get on my next 2 booked Carnival cruises, and continue cruising with them without hesitation.

Not me... our next booked is the Horizon, she will be brand new (we’re on the 2nd sailing)

But even if that weren’t the case- I still wouldn’t hesitate. Everything isn’t perfect all of the time. I’d probably be concerned if a ship failed then also failed the recheck. That would tell you that they were ignoring the inspections.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll let you know after we take our first cruise in July on the Valor (which scored 100). Seriously though, I understand how others may feel uncomfortable about the quality of the product. We all want the best experience for the money we are paying. I can't say that I'm above swearing off a complete cruise line. I swore off La Quinta hotels because of one bad experience. I'm sure not all La Quintas are as bad as the one I stayed at, but I just can't bring myself to try them again and that was 5 years ago. Some people may feel the same way when they read these types of reports...whether they have personal experiences with the product or not.

I just booked the Liberty for this coming October and I hope they don't have any more problems or this may be our last Carnival cruise.
We're are gonna be on the liberty and yes they got a score of 86 which is the minimum score to pass.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

We have been on a handful of NCL cruises and have always been pleased there. My parents got comped a Carnival cruise and booked the Vista for this winter. My husband and I decided to join them on a whim and shortly after our booking, we read this disappointing news. It does put a little damper on the excitement. With his current feelings, I'd be surprised if my husband will give Carnival another chance after this, but we haven't cruised yet, so maybe he will have a great time and change his mind.

I have never worked in the food industry like some of the other posters here, but somehow the other lines are able to keep above standards with the same regulations.

For the first time, I'm wishing our cruise was a little further away in hopes they will have time to make some improvements.

Our county puts out a monthly report of restaurant inspections. It's comical reading what they ding the restaurants for. Things like no signs by the sinks for employees to wash their hands, etc.

I worked in a factory that was inspected by OSHA quite often. One time they would ding us for having ladders not stored properly. The next time, they would step over a ladder laying on the floor to get to a light bulb that didn't have a guard on it. Each inspector has their own thing that they are going to be looking for. You never know which inspector you will get.

In reading that report, one of the dings was a fruit fly. How do you eliminate a fruit fly? A pest strip? Then they'd ding them for having a pest strip by food.

I do know that if you knew what went on behind the scenes in some restaurants, you'd never go back there again.

Our county puts out a monthly report of restaurant inspections. It's comical reading what they ding the restaurants for. Things like no signs by the sinks for employees to wash their hands, etc.

I worked in a factory that was inspected by OSHA quite often. One time they would ding us for having ladders not stored properly. The next time, they would step over a ladder laying on the floor to get to a light bulb that didn't have a guard on it. Each inspector has their own thing that they are going to be looking for. You never know which inspector you will get.

In reading that report, one of the dings was a fruit fly. How do you eliminate a fruit fly? A pest strip? Then they'd ding them for having a pest strip by food.

I do know that if you knew what went on behind the scenes in some restaurants, you'd never go back there again.

Agree.

And No, Not going to stop us from sailing Carnival.

I have experienced 13 years of State surveyors.

I could write a book.

I'll let you know after we take our first cruise in July on the Valor (which scored 100). Seriously though, I understand how others may feel uncomfortable about the quality of the product. We all want the best experience for the money we are paying. I can't say that I'm above swearing off a complete cruise line. I swore off La Quinta hotels because of one bad experience. I'm sure not all La Quintas are as bad as the one I stayed at, but I just can't bring myself to try them again and that was 5 years ago. Some people may feel the same way when they read these types of reports...whether they have personal experiences with the product or not.

I can relate. I was an IHOP loyal and happy customer for years, and after one really terrible experience about 3 years ago I turned my back on them. No angry letters to the CEO or nasty review on Yelp. Just quietly eliminated them from the repertoire after dozens of tasty meals and one disaster. The decision hurts me more than it hurts them!

So far we're happy with Carnival in spite of a (literally) rocky January cruise, and in spite of this latest news. Obviously many people think they are a waste of time and money and choose to vacation elsewhere.