Check your bank statements

Bedruthen

Whilst onboard Queen Victoria in November, we had to cancel a meal in The Verandah, which we had booked through the voyage personaliser before the cruise commenced. As we had prepaid, the refund had to go back to our credit card, rather than our onboard account. I have checked our statements since returning and no refund has been forthcoming. I telephoned Cunard today who say they have received no notice from the ship that a refund is due, so none has been issued. I have had to raise a complaint, which I am advised may take up to 28 days to respond. Luckily I still have the name of the onboard purser that dealt with the cancellation, but this is the second time now that this has happened to us, having previously been charged incorrectly for minibar usage after we had left the ship. My advice to anyone is to check your bank statements carefully when we you get home.

You will be in for a long wait!

I complained on December 10th about a $120 charge for the 'free' drinks on our cruise, and received an acknowledgement, expect a reply in 5 - 28 days.

After 31 days I sent emails to 4 different email addresses I had at Cunard, chasing it up. No reply from 2 of them, next one said they would reply within 28 days! Fortunately the last one took some action, and surprise, surprise, no original email could be found! Anyway, I should receive a refund in the next 7 - 10 days, but it does annoy me that many companies want paying immediately, but seem incapable of doing a quick refund.

Richard

Cunard seems to be using the technology from Tom Cratchit's time. Time for a new abacus.

Somehow they are incapable (or unwilling) to correct errors when they occur.

I will be boarding the World Cruise on February 5, with an attache case of documents just so that the things that we have been assured of, subsequent to up selling to a Grills stateroom, actually happen.

There is no excuse in this day and age.

There is no advantage, however it was my husbands 60th birthday, so I wanted to be sure of a table. However the restaurant was so empty in the evenings that it lacked any ambience and there was never going to be a problem getting a table, so I certainly wouldn’t recommend pre booking.