Passenger death on Carnival Elation

JawjaFatBoy

My wife and her bestie from high school are currently on the Elation and apparently a passenger died during the night. They heard just a little while ago that it was a woman and it looks like she fell from a balcony onto a life boat. An investigation is being done and no one is being allowed off the ship right now.

Prayers for the family. Very, very sad.

Seems like it was an aft balcony as she fell from deck 14 to deck 11 which appears to be the serenity area. So tragic

The only aft balconies are on decks 5, 6 and 7. Deck 14 (Grand Dech) was added recently in drydock. These are balcony cabins and are located forward.

So, she fell from forward deck 14 to deck 10 (Lido).

Very sad.

The only aft balconies are on decks 5, 6 and 7. Deck 14 (Grand Dech) was added recently in drydock. These are balcony cabins and are located forward.

So, she fell from forward deck 14 to deck 10 (Lido).

Very sad.

This. If I had access to Shutterfly, I could post a picture of the area, but I am on Splendor in Puntarenas and internet does not allow access to that site. EM

Very sad situation, and I feel for her family and friends.

I still can't figure out how anyone can "fall" off a balcony.

Well, unless you are remarkably tall, you can't really just "fall over" a balcony. However, given either intent or horseplay, it can be then done easily enough.

There are a remarkable number of people who will sit on a ledge/window sill/balcony rail and not recognize how easy it is to fall backwards. And once you start moving in that direction, there is often little you can do to stop it.

from tbo. -A woman sailing on a Carnival Cruise Line ship from Jacksonville fell from her cabin’s balcony and died Friday.

Doral-based Carnival Cruise Line spokesman Vance Gulliksen confirmed the death Saturday, saying in a statement that the incident occurred early Friday morning aboard the Carnival Elation.

Elation has balcony suites on the front of the ship on deck 11. I was on this cruise in 4V on that deck. The life boats and cranes that launch them are below these balconies. She did in fact fall from a balcony on the 14th deck to just below the 11th deck on the front of the ship