World cruise on P and O

AmandaLMcL

I have no specific knowledge, other than reading various posts on FB from posters on a world cruise.

It would appear that you get no perks at all, apart from the odd cocktail party for world cruisers.

With the new drinks rules now in force, as a world cruiser, you now get the same (1 litre) drinks allowance for your 120 day cruise as a whole day trip to Bruges !

Seems to me that P&O are not trying that hard to entice cruisers for their world cruise. The number of adverts I see offering various cruise segments would seem to indicate that they have a fair number of empty berths to fill.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

As I understand it, Peninsular Club loyalty points are added at the end of each segment, so if you move up a tier at the end of one segment you would gain the enhanced perks of the next tier up on the following segment. Not much, but in the absence of much else being offered so far I thought I would add it!

I quite fancy a World Cruise, so am also interested in what other info people can add, but my wife isn’t keen. She wouldn’t want to be away from family for that long and says that I would put on far too much weight. How rude! My only reservation is that if I get to places that I have always wanted to go to (e.g. India), I would be frustrated just being there for one relatively short day. Also, no World Cruise itinerary would take in all the ‘bucket list’ places that I’d like to visit but would include lots of others that I’m not that bothered about (for example, Australia has never appealed to me yet all World Cruises seem to spend quite a bit of time there).

One cruise that would have appealed to me is Aurora’s current South American Circumnavigation as it does the Panama Canal and the Falkland Islands. But I have read that some cruises haven’t been able to tender at Port Stanley due to weather and if I’d gone all that way with that destination being a highlight, I would be gutted!

I was on the Sydney to Singapore segment of a world cruise a couple of years ago and a number of complete circumnavigation passengers told me they were getting bored! I think the time away from home was just too long.

I used to joke that if I did a world cruise I might end up in the slammer for 'disposing' of a exceptionally irritating fellow passenger that drove me crazy. This was confirmed on my segment when an obnoxious person boarded in Brisbane and proceeded to spoil my and every other players enjoyment of blackjack EVERY evening. Security were called twice to defuse the situation before a fight occurred. We all complained to the management but they did nothing, probably because he was losing heavily. This drunken idiot thought he could play the game and he could not but constantly made adverse comments about other peoples play.

I have no specific knowledge, other than reading various posts on FB from posters on a world cruise.

It would appear that you get no perks at all, apart from the odd cocktail party for world cruisers.

With the new drinks rules now in force, as a world cruiser, you now get the same (1 litre) drinks allowance for your 120 day cruise as a whole day trip to Bruges !

Seems to me that P&O are not trying that hard to entice cruisers for their world cruise. The number of adverts I see offering various cruise segments would seem to indicate that they have a fair number of empty berths to fill.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I believe - but could easily be wrong - that the one litre alcohol allowance is per sector.

I believe - but could easily be wrong - that the one litre alcohol allowance is per sector.

You may be right - I think I recall seeing that P&O might allow this. For the price of each segment, it is the least they can do!