Trip Journal: NCL Gem 7-day Canada and New England from NY Sept 2017

gardencharmer

Hi all! I have a rather lengthy and detailed trip report here of our gorgeous vacation this fall to Canada/Maine. I'm going to link to my Google Doc file since it's kind of long. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13IGOekv0h7oqhA8mbBqUA1WXc03gQsjZzUuE3nBwKNk/edit?usp=sharing

If you can't open it or have questions please let me know. Never posted one of these before but I always love reading others so I hope you find it helpful/interesting/not too boring! I've included costs of things when I could, as well as how long things took in case anyone needs that for reference when doing your own research.

If you have any interest in the corresponding 20-minute video we made let me know and I'll send you a link.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for posting this. I just booked the Escape on this same itinerary for next September. It seemed like it would be a relaxing get away, and your review confirms that. I hope that it is as warm as it was for you. 😀😀😀

Did you find the spa pass was worth it for the week? Did you get enough time in since there are long port days? I will be looking into some of the activities you did as well. Thanks again.

Thanks for posting this. I just booked the Escape on this same itinerary for next September. It seemed like it would be a relaxing get away, and your review confirms that. I hope that it is as warm as it was for you. 😀😀😀

Did you find the spa pass was worth it for the week? Did you get enough time in since there are long port days? I will be looking into some of the activities you did as well. Thanks again.

Was the spa pass worth it? Well on most levels yes. Is was very relaxing and since we have a jacuzzi at home I soak in every night, I know how important water therapy is to me! I do wish the tubs were warmer but it still provided a nice break. And yes we had enough time in the spa area. About an hour a day was all I required if that's what you're asking! They stayed open until about 10pm I think. Hope this helps!

gardencharmer, thanks for this great review! I am looking at this same cruise in 2019 on the Dawn.

I have a question about your cabin number, it says 11020 but that is a penthouse suite. Do you mean the minisuite next to it, number 11022?

No it was 11020 (I went back and double checked my receipt). On the Dawn that room is a penthouse but not on the Gem. Oh but a penthouse would have been fun!