Any Concern for Star Flyer out of St Maarten in March

elklemi

Booked on star Flyer out of St Maarten March 2018 and have been trying to get confirmation that port of departure will not change. I had a December cruise planned out of St Maarten that moved to Barbados and all the problem with changing hotels and air has a concern that this could repeat if early in 2018 a change is decided on for March. I call Star Clipper and they say all is a go but when I email I get the answer that the Caribbean is open and they will start sailing out of St Maarten in February and they are monitoring the situation carefully and will let us know if any changes as soon as possible. Final payment is due in December and I am considering cancelling as I do not want to deal with losing hotel and air if a change comes. Am I gun shy due to December or should this not be a concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Cruise Critic story on which Caribbean ports are open: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8067

Royal Caribbean is planning to return to St. Maarten as early as mid-December. Many of the damaged ports have already opened or are opening in the coming weeks.

While I can't guarantee anything, based on the other ports and the other cruise lines, the chances of a change to your March cruise are very slim.