Dress for breakfast/lunch ?

Piaa

Hi everyone - hope you don't mind me asking but if you are at the pool during the day what is the dress code for eating lunch - can you put on a cover-up or do you need "real clothes" LOL

What about breakfast - if I come from yoga OK to wear yoga attire or do I need to go back and change ?

Thank you everyone - just don't want to offend anyone :')

Cover-ups are fine for lunch — yoga pants as well, I think. Daytime dress is pretty casual. Nice of you to sk!

Vandrefalk

BTW : if you don't want to leave the pool area they are happy to serve you poolside, too. And you can get the lunch menu or the bar menu. No cover up required ( We've done this often. Once started, others will follow).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All above is correct until 5pm when yacht casual takes effect. Which basically means a shirt and shoes, can’t roam the ship after 5pm topless and barefoot. That is seadream version of formality.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When in the Caribbean, I go directly from yoga to breakfast, in my yoga clothes. If we are not leaving the ship, I wear a bathing suit and cover up all day, including lunch on deck 5.

Have yet to see anyone come to breakfast in pj’s, but I would not be shocked. I seem to remember some of us going to the piano bar in pj’s, though.

And you know you are really on vacation when you can’t get yourself out of your lounge chair to get lunch. :cool:

See you at the bar Tiki_Man - lets pray this swell dies down it's been crazy - never seen anything like this in the 13 years I have lived here

I am a little worried about how much SD1 might move in that kind of water! Do local weather forecasters have any insight about what next week might bring?

I am a little worried about how much SD1 might move in that kind of water! Do local weather forecasters have any insight about what next week might bring?

Mrs Tiki - thank goodness the 17' to 20' swells we had last week have gone (but as a result of these swells the ocean was spectacular - colors I have never seen in the 13 years living here) and now we are left with high winds (bring a wrap for evenings maybe ? but never being on SeaDream before maybe the dining area and outside bar are protected from wind ?)

The "bad" news is there is another Nor'easter happening now and as we are affected by these storms our wave height and wind strength will depend on how fast that front moves on and how quickly the "tail" gets pulled North. We monitor an off shore buoy for wave height and right now they have not updated the predicted height for the weekend (but I can let you know if you wish once it is updated) .. the good news is the further South we go the less the Nor'easter impacts us.

See you soon

Piaa - The dining area on deck 5 has windscreens they roll down for breakfast and lunch when necessary. If they need it in the evening, they generally don't serve dinner up there. That being said, we usually have dinner on deck 4 aft regardless of the weather, unless it is really raining heavily. It is covered and the lifeboats on either side do a good job of blocking the wind. There are only a few tables up there, so you have to reserve with the maitre d'. As for the TOY Bar, there is no protection other than the roof, but the bar stools are bolted down. Just hang on tight! It isn't unusual to see women in 4" heels standing at the bar, so it can't be too dangerous.

CAinMA - How does it look for getting out of town? Keeping fingers crossed for you.

"It isn't unusual to see women in 4" heels standing at the bar, so it can't be too dangerous"

Yeah... in my professional ballroom dancer days maybe but not now - this chick (OK hen) will be in flats this trip ;p

Thanks for the weather update Piaa. We were wondering if the storms hitting the northern US coast were causing the strange stuff in the Caribbean.

And yes, I do usually bring a light wrap in case it’s windy. But no 4” heels for me either!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, yacht casual begins at 6:30 PM, when the cocktail hour begins. If you're just wearing a shirt and shoes at that point, you'll be pretty embarrassed, and you definitely won't be seated outside for dinner. You'll need to have long pants for men, and something covering the bottom half of your body for women. But we didn't see anyone who was very casually dressed after 6:30. It was actually more upscale than we were expecting. We also didn't see anyone eating around the pool at lunch (except when we had our caviar splash there due to high swells), and weren't offered any food there (but did have drinks) when we went for a swim after our morning hikes with the crew. There were people with bathing suit coverups at the deck 5 lunch, but only a few. We didn't see anyone in very high heels at the bars at night. They probably would not have made it to the bar with those with the rough seas. Living in Florida, we found the temps very comfortable outside in the evening, as well as in our cabin with minimal AC at night. We only had rain on the afternoon of 3/5, and the rest of our 3/3 to 3/10 cruise we had mostly sunny, but breezy weather. We had to do a few changes of ports to avoid the largest swells, but it was only calm in a few protected harbors, and we didn't stay in those overnight. We just finished the SD1 from Barbados to St. Thomas.

• 2 weeks later...

We like the “resort casual” or “yacht casual” feel of SD which lets everyone find what’s comfortable for them within reason. On our recent voyage from St. Thomas to Barbados (March 10-17), we did notice that one evening the staff discretely advised one gentleman that shorts in the main salon were not allowed after 630 PM (he had come in during the cocktail hour). He was actually nicely dressed in shorts but shorts nonetheless. He was very understandable about it and returned minutes later in long pants. He and the group he was in went on to have what appeared to be an excellent time. Only on a few occasions in past years have we seen someone try to disregard the “yacht casual at night” even after they were advised what it means. Hope that helps. Most of all, have fun and enjoy!