Purchasing HopOn/HopOff tickets

When we were in Vancouver three years ago, we were able to purchase tickets at our hotel. This year we are staying at the Sandman. There is a stop right outside our hotel. Does anyone know if the hotels can still sell the tickets or can they be purchased when we try to board the bus?

You can definitely buy onboard; whether hotels still sell them, no idea. These days there's only one combined HOHO now - Trolley and WestCoast (who ate up all the other non-trolley companies) are operating together, so things are a bit different than your last visit. No need to choose which HOHO - but prices are up and two new 'subsets' of the full route are available for a slightly discounted price (basically the same as the old full route cost). The Park route is significantly more useful than the City route.

• 2 weeks later...
You can definitely buy onboard; whether hotels still sell them, no idea. These days there's only one combined HOHO now - Trolley and WestCoast (who ate up all the other non-trolley companies) are operating together, so things are a bit different than your last visit. No need to choose which HOHO - but prices are up and two new 'subsets' of the full route are available for a slightly discounted price (basically the same as the old full route cost). The Park route is significantly more useful than the City route.

Hi just booked my hotel in Vancouver for April 9 & 10, 2019. Leaving on April 11 - Emerald Princess to Fort Lauderdale through new canal.

Would you be able to explain the difference between the City and Park route. I was last in Vancouver in 2015 and really want to re-visit some of the sights.

Thank you.

Hi just booked my hotel in Vancouver for April 9 & 10, 2019. Leaving on April 11 - Emerald Princess to Fort Lauderdale through new canal.

Would you be able to explain the difference between the City and Park route. I was last in Vancouver in 2015 and really want to re-visit some of the sights.

Thank you.

You can book both loops and avoid any issues, but if you do want to save a little (not much - $45 for either loop cf $56 for both) the Park loop is hands-down the better option. It does Granville Island, all the Stanley Park stops, and doubles-up with the City loop for a few stop in the eastern end of the downtown core. The City loop does not have a single stop which is more than a few hundred yards from the nearest Park Loop stop!

I'm out of town right now on a small screen, but I'll try and attach a link to the combined service routing and live bus map - when they're operating, you'll see buses move around the map in almost real-time, and even if they are not you'll see both routes colour-coded. If my attempt to link it works, it should appear here

Edit - looks like the link I posted does work.

Thank you martincath and RU_Gremlin for the maps.:D I am staying at the Westin Bayshore and it looks like a stop is very close. I will purchase a ticket for both the city and park routes.

As I am flying in two days ahead (hoping there are no snow storms in Winnipeg!!) -- will have one day to take the ho-ho bus with a couple of stops along the route. Previously (2015 - 5 days) I went to the Capilano Bridge, Whistler, Grouse Mountain as well as Aquarium, Stanley Park, Gas Town, Granville Island, gardens in China Town etc.

looking forward to the cruise. In the mean time, I have a three week trip to Alaska & Yukon; Kissimmee, Florida (October-November and January-February) to get me through to Cruise Time.