Help! Flip Flop challenged!

Izzblizz

I love Sanuk Yoga Slings!! They are so comfortable!!

My favorites!! These are half price, perfect for cruising, but sold out of my size. Ugh!!

Anchor pattern Sanuk

http:// https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2090374/Yoga%20Sling%20Anchor%20%26%20Stripe%20Printed%20Slingback%20Sandal?color=AAWY&sid=972549@cm_sp=share-_-app-_-message

I hated wearing flip-flops for the longest time until I was on a trip in Brazil almost 15 years ago. I had forgotten my sandals and needed a shoe for the beach and Haviana brand flip-flops were sold everywhere. I wore them the first day and was shocked at how comfortable they were. Back then I think I paid about $4 a pair. By the time I had left I had bought 4 more pairs because I liked them so much. Havianas are now sold all over the US and I really don't know what makes them different but every time I try a cheaper brand my toes are miserable.

Slides. I have some with just a large white band across the foot and they are my favorite— bought 3 pair. I’ll see if I can find them anywhere online.

Chacos were a hard break in period for me, blisters and all. They are just now getting ok and I think they will be great, but that was painful. I love the idea of them.

Flip flops that are not "thong style"...? In my opinion, that would be considered a "slide" and that is what I choose to wear. Everyone is different. I don't like thong style sandals so I don't wear them.:).....give me a slide any day.

Thanks all! I will consider some of the other suggestions next time shoe shopping. Right now, I have been wearing yoga slings for almost a week and I think I am good to go! If I weren't trying to really limit my shoe packing, I could probably go crazy with some of the other suggestions.

Thanks all! I will consider some of the other suggestions next time shoe shopping. Right now, I have been wearing yoga slings for almost a week and I think I am good to go! If I weren't trying to really limit my shoe packing, I could probably go crazy with some of the other suggestions.

Good choice!!! ;p

I'm not a massive fan of toe post "thong" flip flops; can just about tolerate them from cabin to poolside but that's about it.

For longer walks I swear by birkenstock style sandals - either single strap or double. The footbed is shaped with some arch support, so much more comfortable. They even do some plastic ones now which are suitable for pool/beach, as the leather/cork ones aren't great when wet.

I've had genuine birkenstocks & cheaper "fake" ones in the past (known as "laughing stocks" in this house!) & both are fine.

I've been an avid flip-flop wearer since I was a tot (God bless Texas) but I need a little arch support. Cheapo dollar foamy flip flops I find higher dollar flip-flops are great ($15ish range) or you can look into some cute strappy things like these: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3200292/lc-lauren-conrad-baneberry-womens-sandals.jsp?color=Black&prdPV=33

They're faux leather and all manmade so while you probably can't wear them in a pool, getting them a little wet won't hurt them! Best of luck

I am a person who says when she makes a mistake and/or finds something that never worked and now it does:D

So I am coming back to give some more advice. I know I said " a slide" is my first choice but I found a pair of thong sandals today at "THE WALKING COMPANY":D…….it is by ABEO (which is the Walking Company's brand)…...they are a bit pricey but the toe post is very soft and they have very good arch support:D…...I still love my slides but these new flip flops are very comfy:) They are not "walking sandals" but they are cute and definitely pool worthy…...casual around the ship too.

They are called KADIE and these are what they look like.

3885-01098-2210-075sm.jpg

Lets try something larger

3885-01098-2211-060.jpg

Edited by Lois R

The ones I got are in a denim color. I bought them this morning and wore them all day today...….the toe post does not bother me at all!

I am a person who says when she makes a mistake and/or finds something that never worked and now it does:D

So I am coming back to give some more advice. I know I said " a slide" is my first choice but I found a pair of thong sandals today at "THE WALKING COMPANY":D…….it is by ABEO (which is the Walking Company's brand)…...they are a bit pricey but the toe post is very soft and they have very good arch support:D…...I still love my slides but these new flip flops are very comfy:) They are not "walking sandals" but they are cute and definitely pool worthy…...casual around the ship too.

They are called KADIE and these are what they look like.

3885-01098-2210-075sm.jpg

Lets try something larger

3885-01098-2211-060.jpg

Thanks Lois R, I will be checking these out!

Check crocs.com under women’s sandals. They have many styles, some nicely arched, plus there is a sale going on, 30% off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love crocs Ella Comfortpath, but they discontinued them years ago. Found a few pair on eBay. I’ve tried the other styles, don’t work for me.

I will be checking out the ones Lois R recommend.

Thanks

I just bought a pair of slides like

my Grand Son's put on after their

Soccer game is over.

black with silver trim. Has enhanced

arch support and cushioning down

the center. The right foot says Tommy,

the left Hilfiger. Very cute and

comfortable.

These are for women and came from

One of the well known chain stores,

not Wal-Mart.

They were $12 and are by the shoe

Department but usually found up

against the wall or on a rack.

They had other styles and colors.

Also, you might try Fit flops on

Amazon. They are very comfortable

too. A bit more pricy but hold up

For a good while. I have 1 pair that

Are 3 years old.

I just bought a new pair of closed toe

Wedges for our Med cruise in Sept.

Will be perfect for all the cobble

stone streets.

Hope this helps.

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

I love the idea of flip flops and of course I just bought a cute pair thinking "Ok, I will break them in." But I swear, my toes do NOT like flip flops, but I like the idea. I have NO callous built up between my toes since I have never been able to tolerate them. So, usually I just use my water shoes, but they aren't as cute as flip flops with my swimsuits/pool covers.

So, I am trying to online search for flip flops WITHOUT the thong. So that is what I search for -- no luck. Do they make such a thing? Like flip flops with a straight band across instead of thing around or between your toes, and if so, what are they named for a google search. I looked around in the store when I got my flip flops at DSW but I couldn't find an alternative that didn't have that toe or thong thingy.

So, if anyone could help me out, much appreciated!! Or any tips for breaking in thongs (have a month to do it, been trying for about 10 minutes a day, can't make it out to the deck without wanting to take them off). TIA.

I would call what you are describing as "slides".