Need Visa Service

mustgo

We used visacentral - it’s not cheap - but due to time restrictions we could not get to a Chinese embassy so it was worth it for us.

We sailed with NCL and if you clicked the link to visacentral from their website you received a discounted rate.

I’m not sure who you are cruising with - but check out their website, they may have something similar.

Just Google for a service near your hometown...no need to use a company out of state...when you live in Florida.

That would assume that every visa provider gives excellent service. I doubt that is the case.

We may try GenVisa since it has a good track record.

Thanks for the comments

That would assume that every visa provider gives excellent service. I doubt that is the case.

We may try GenVisa since it has a good track record.

Thanks for the comments

Sorry...I wasn't "assuming" anything just a suggestion on where to find service closer to your hometown...Then easy to check on TripAdvisor for recent experiences with that particular company.

Best of luck to you.

In Florida, there is a Chinese Visa processing agency in Miami, Orlando, and Tampa:

https://www.chinavisadepartment.com/

Although when I applied for both my then 1-year Visa and now my current 10-year Business Visa, they were processed through CIBT in Houston, TX (our department Admin Assistant made the arrangements). I completed the initial application and payment online with my corporate credit card, mailed my Passport, and received my Visa / Passport back within 2 weeks. The process was easy and efficient, however, shortly after I arrived in China, I learned that my corporate credit card had been compromised, and the fraudulent charges were all from the Houston, TX area (too much of a coincidence).

In Florida, there is a Chinese Visa processing agency in Miami, Orlando, and Tampa:

https://www.chinavisadepartment.com/

Although when I applied for both my then 1-year Visa and now my current 10-year Business Visa, they were processed through CIBT in Houston, TX (our department Admin Assistant made the arrangements). I completed the initial application and payment online with my corporate credit card, mailed my Passport, and received my Visa / Passport back within 2 weeks. The process was easy and efficient, however, shortly after I arrived in China, I learned that my corporate credit card had been compromised, and the fraudulent charges were all from the Houston, TX area (too much of a coincidence).

Well, that was a bummer! Unfortunately, all Visa services have to go through Houston for Florida residents, so it is hard to say where the blame lies.

OP - Union Visa concierge service in Largo, Fl, was highly recommended by some of our roll call members. They will do everything from taking your picture to filling out the application. I think the 10-yr. visa service was about $275 pp., which is a little higher than non-concierge service, but the service is worth it. To me, anyway. Google them for more details.

I obtained my 10 year visa at the

consulate in Chicago. Down loaded app.form,filled it out,took passport photo and my travel itinerary and submitted at downtown location. They told me to pick it up in 4 days. Went and paid my $140 and received Visa.

I obtained my 10 year visa at the

consulate in Chicago. Down loaded app.form,filled it out,took passport photo and my travel itinerary and submitted at downtown location. They told me to pick it up in 4 days. Went and paid my $140 and received Visa.

Lucky you! That doesn't help us in Florida, however. We could fly to Houston and wait around for four days, but that doesn't seem too practical. The Chinese have us over a barrel - either go to the consulate that has jurisdiction for your state; or go to a visa service provider.

Wow Tampa Girl, don't get your bloomers in a bunch! Was just pointing out how easy it is to do it at a Consulate. China is not the only country that "has us over a barrel". Other countries that require Visas do not have Consulates in every state. It is what it is. The ones that have you over a barrel are the Visa services. If you are planning to visit China you will find this small problem will be well worth it. China is a fascinating country! Will be there again in Sept. Happy travels.;p

Here's a guide to a successful visa application submission for the PRC, as provided by an established & approved vendor - please read & see if this is something you wish to take advantage of.

http://www.chinatravelservice.com/2018htmlPages/2018visa.html

This is the quasi offical travel agency and has been around for 40+ years, it's well known in Hong Kong and when mainland China first opened its door, they nearly had exclusive access to take care just about anything as the sole authorized agent - with their special working relationships with all the consultate offices and embassies, all around the world, including the USA & Canada. I've used them in the past while in transit, for help in booking tickets and making reservations abroad - they are as reliable and reputable as you can find anywhere - their fees are in line with services offered and disclosed upfront.

If you are in/near the greater Orlando or Miami area, you should also find a # of Chinese travel agencies, not online services - check them out & review their references and published ratings - and see if you wish to select one of them.

Either way or thru other 3rd. parties, the completed applications with all the requirements met & fees paid, will still be forwarded for processing by the designated consultate with the jurisdiction, and then returned to you, directly or indirectly via the "agent".

Wow Tampa Girl, don't get your bloomers in a bunch! Was just pointing out how easy it is to do it at a Consulate. China is not the only country that "has us over a barrel". Other countries that require Visas do not have Consulates in every state. It is what it is. The ones that have you over a barrel are the Visa services. If you are planning to visit China you will find this small problem will be well worth it. China is a fascinating country! Will be there again in Sept. Happy travels.;p

Wow! Where did you ever get that impression! When I said "lucky you", I meant it! And, yes, having traveled a few times, I am aware the other countries don't have consulates in every state. I am unaware, however, if most other countries dictate which of their consulates we must apply through, as does China. Nor do I find applying a problem. Now, if it were Brazil, from what I have heard . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Betonic. They look thorough but pricey. I especially liked their description of photo requirements. I had not seen need for dark, collared shirt on other sites. I think we will go with GenVisa. Saw some good reviews. It is slow but we do have the time.

Thanks Betonic. They look thorough but pricey. I especially liked their description of photo requirements. I had not seen need for dark, collared shirt on other sites. I think we will go with GenVisa. Saw some good reviews. It is slow but we do have the time.

I didn’t have the time. I travel almost weekly so can’t be without my passport. Tim had me send a picture taken from my iphone and he fixed it to meet the visa standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums