earliest we can fly to calgary, arriv vancouver from cruise

We will be arriving at 7a in Vancouver from cruise. We are us citizens & will be traveling on the Calgary via air Canada. What is the earliest we should book our flight? It is on a sunday May 19, 19 & currently doesn't show any other ships in port but subject to additions I'm sure.

I don't think Westjet has their schedule out, but AC does - so I'd also hold off for now so you can at least comparing pricing!

Personally I'd be looking to spend as much time in Vancouver as possible before heading onward - not that there isn't some good stuff to see in and around Calgary, but we've got more to see and do here. Plus, some of the best scenery on the planet is in-between, so consider driving/being driven through the Rockies rather than flying over them (there are various bus tours, a really fancy and pricey train ride, as well as car or RV rentals you drive yourself).

But if for some reason you just want to get going ASAP, I'd be very comfortable with a flight at 11am if you can self-disembark with your own bags. If you have (or can apply for) NEXUS, I'd even push that as early as 10am without hesitation - no immigration to worry about at YVR flying domestic, and entry to the short queue means Security rarely takes more than a few minutes with NEXUS. Add a half-hour to allow for collecting bags if you cannot handle them by yourself.

We will be arriving at 7a in Vancouver from cruise. We are us citizens & will be traveling on the Calgary via air Canada. What is the earliest we should book our flight? It is on a sunday May 19, 19 & currently doesn't show any other ships in port but subject to additions I'm sure.

One item you may want to consider. Air Canada operates somethings called Rapidair that is a shuttle like service on the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal routes. Vancouver-Calgary-Edmonton is not branded as Rapidair but has similar rules. This includes free standby. Basically as long as your booked in a fare other than "Basic" if you get to the airport and their is room on an earlier flight they will move you to the earlier flight at no charge. Flights are typically hourly.

One item you may want to consider. Air Canada operates somethings called Rapidair that is a shuttle like service on the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal routes. Vancouver-Calgary-Edmonton is not branded as Rapidair but has similar rules. This includes free standby. Basically as long as your booked in a fare other than "Basic" if you get to the airport and their is room on an earlier flight they will move you to the earlier flight at no charge. Flights are typically hourly.

Thanks for this information, I had never heard about "Rapidair" before & I will keep that in mind when booking the flight.

I don't think Westjet has their schedule out, but AC does - so I'd also hold off for now so you can at least comparing pricing!

Personally I'd be looking to spend as much time in Vancouver as possible before heading onward - not that there isn't some good stuff to see in and around Calgary, but we've got more to see and do here. Plus, some of the best scenery on the planet is in-between, so consider driving/being driven through the Rockies rather than flying over them (there are various bus tours, a really fancy and pricey train ride, as well as car or RV rentals you drive yourself).

But if for some reason you just want to get going ASAP, I'd be very comfortable with a flight at 11am if you can self-disembark with your own bags. If you have (or can apply for) NEXUS, I'd even push that as early as 10am without hesitation - no immigration to worry about at YVR flying domestic, and entry to the short queue means Security rarely takes more than a few minutes with NEXUS. Add a half-hour to allow for collecting bags if you cannot handle them by yourself.

Thanks for all your great information. I agree that you should spend as much time as possible in Vancouver. We have been to Vancouver many times & love your city, as well we are spending some time prior to our cruise in Vancouver. I will be visiting Banff, Jasper & Calgary on this trip. Have enjoyed everyplace in Canada that I have been fortunate to visit. My son lived in Abbotsford for a few years so gave me additional incentive to visit other parts of Canada. Thanks for your advice.

I am still shopping for flights to Calgary before I book. I wanted to make sure I didn't cut the time too short between the cruise & Calgary flight.

I am still shopping for flights to Calgary before I book. I wanted to make sure I didn't cut the time too short between the cruise & Calgary flight.

You may also want to look at WestJet. They also have a large number of flights between Vancouver and Calgary.