Trivia on RSSC

SteveH2508

No, we will be on the 3 days out of Seattle on May 30th. How long will you onboard?

We are on just for three days “cruise to nowhere” roundtrip LA. Will be on the Voyager in Dec for ten days and Mariner for twelve days in April 2019 roundtrip Tokyo.

What is the Bliss? Is it as it name implies!

Bliss is the newest NCL ship that will begin sailing in May - making stops for TA's to visit the ship. She holds 4,000 passengers (omg). Not sure what I'm going to think of it but we are interested in seeing our first really big ship.

Well, yet-again. Where did this Thread wander way-off from the intended focus, which is Trivia.

Have reviewed all previous postings. Short, and to the point as to Trivia, based on numerous experiences aboard all-four Regent ships over the last 15 years.

It was appreciated when, in March, 2017, our TA "suggested" Regent management relocate that 1/2 hour afternoon experience to a separate venue in The Theater. Far-removed from the tea-time venue. This was in connection to Regent's "Explorer" Miami-via Barcelona, to Venice cruise. What a great suggestion.

My wife and I no-longer participate, face-to-face, in Trivia. We have witnessed too many unfortunate situations when folks take this opportunity as a Gladiator-like competition.

To each his or her own.

GOARMY!

• 2 months later...

Shameless boasting BUMP here.

We came joint second in the progressive trivia! (Dunces in the Corner was our team name). 3 Brits, 2 US and DW (half-and-half).

One team did get pinged for having more than 6 members one day but other than that it was good-natured and fair.

Mensa quizzes were OK but had several typos and disputable/non-unique answers.

Most days it was held in the theatre (after a few days in the Observation Lounge which proved too small to accommodate all).

We too love trivia. Try to get on a team that only plays for fun. But if not we just roll with the punches and have another drink. Ha

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We played trivia on the TA - Explorer with you, John, Rob and Tony. We had a great time. It was our first full commitment to the game. Showed up every day,even when we rushed back from an excursion. We were all serious and thoughtful, but played for fun!

Wonderful experience but not sure we are willing to commit to every day again.

I never saw anyone using an iPhone for an answer. That’s cheating and would ruin the game for everyone.

The strange thing about collecting the prizes was the amount of points necessary for each item. You and John had done the b/b cruise before this one. John told us they were asking for more points per item than on your first leg. That wasn’t fair either.

Miss you guys

Sheila

I’m with you Sheila....we enjoyed the people on our team on the Mariner TA so it was fun to play everyday. Everyone on the team was serious, though not cut throat. But it was definitely a commitment! And I’m not sure we’d commit to it again.

We also enjoyed the Mensa quizzes every day and would definitely do that again. You can work on them at your leisure, alone or collaboratively. We met some great people as a result of the quizzes!

I’m with you Sheila....we enjoyed the people on our team on the Mariner TA so it was fun to play everyday. Everyone on the team was serious, though not cut throat. But it was definitely a commitment! And I’m not sure we’d commit to it again.

We also enjoyed the Mensa quizzes every day and would definitely do that again. You can work on them at your leisure, alone or collaboratively. We met some great people as a result of the quizzes!

Thanks for the advice. Will try the Mensa quizzes on our August cruise - Navigator. From Copenhagen to Amsterdam and everywhere else in Northern Europe.

Sheila

My husband and I always play trivia and usually have a great time. For us, answering the questions correctly is not the only objective. We of course enjoy winning but we play primarily for the socialization. We have met some wonderful people. It is great fun hearing others' stories. We do not research material. We just rely on our experiences and earned wisdom. Sometimes those things allow us to fall flat on our faces. :') Sometimes we surprise ourselves and win that day. Probably the secret is to join a fun group and have a good laugh. IF you are determined to win, you will also find those like minded folks . After all, we are all highly intelligent...we chose to sail with Regent !

My husband and I always play trivia and usually have a great time. For us, answering the questions correctly is not the only objective. We of course enjoy winning but we play primarily for the socialization. We have met some wonderful people. It is great fun hearing others' stories. We do not research material. We just rely on our experiences and earned wisdom. Sometimes those things allow us to fall flat on our faces. :') Sometimes we surprise ourselves and win that day. Probably the secret is to join a fun group and have a good laugh. IF you are determined to win, you will also find those like minded folks . After all, we are all highly intelligent...we chose to sail with Regent !

We also enjoy the trivia. Like yourselves, we do it for fun and have met many people that have come together for our wee 4.30 meetings. :D

There was one cruise where there was (6) allowed, 2 from Scotland, 2 from Texas and 2 from Australia...great fun!!!! We even won a few. :eek:

Still keep in touch today and a great way to interact with fellow guests.

Pam.