Navigator's 2018 World Cruise "Read all about it!"

cwn

Just to correct, hard to spend time in the observation lounge on the Navigator, as there is not one. Its the major failing on this ship, even though we are booked again on the Navigator in 2019, we miss this feature, which we enjoy so much on the other 3 ships.

Then Galilleo's. The Navigator did have a forward looking Observation Lounge when it was built; I think it was first refurb that removed it.

Marc

Carolyn,

Thank you for taking us along on your world cruise.

We are on the 2019 World cruise and we are wondering what cabin you were in that was hot and cold.

We are in 615. It is currently 4:30 and 74 degrees with lights and TV off and the heavy drapes cracked a bit for some light. Yesterday afternoon it was 76 degrees with the same things done to not add heat sources.

On the way to dinner last night, I stopped by the GM's office once again to tell her how miserable our room was.

We went to Prime 7 which was OK temperature wise at 6:30 when they opened, but by 7:30 all the men had shed their jackets and it was hot.

About midnight I woke and had to change my night gown it was 77 degrees in the room.

I went back to the GM this morning and told her she needed to get the Chief Engineer to turn the AC level down to where it was earlier in the cruise. Her comment was it was hot all over the ship last night. As if that solved my problem.

They did finally try to move us to 619. Daniella spent a day trying to get that room as "cool" as ours with no luck so we didn't move. We were not will to pack everything up for no improvement.

Based on that I would not book a suite much forward of the forward elevators on Deck 6. Near the elevators the hall way is cool ...much cooler than the hall toward the front.

The Chief Engineer has refused to do what ever he did do during the first half of the WC that got our suite in the 70-72 degree range most of the time, with nothing higher than 73. Then we could run the TV and have the curtain open with out getting the room too warm.

About two weeks ago after a too warm room all the time since Cape Town and many verbal and written complaints, the head AC guy came to the room and agreed that it was warm. He asked how much we would like the temp lower. I said one degree C as that would then be the temp that was coming out of the vent early on when the room was OK. He said he had to get the Chief Engineer to OK it and would ask. Well the temp was not lowered. Mind you this is the same Chief Engineer who did lower the temp in Jan.

I don't mean to worry you and if you don't mind a warm ship you will be fine. If you like your home between 69 and 72 degrees F especially when dressing and sleeping you are going to find the ship barely comfortable to uncomfortable.

The public areas for the whole cruise have been warm and very inconsistent temp wise except for the theater. It is always cool to cold.

There are several on the WC who disagree with me, I know, but if you are cool or cold you can put on a jacket or raise the temp in your suite. There is nothing we can do to be more comfortable. This subject came up on a tour today and we all agreed that the suites and the public rooms are too war

As much fun as we have had on the WC, the last 4 to 6 weeks are making us rethink sailing with Regent again even with all the benefits, our comfort is more important. They are not responsive to problems...

Edited by cwn

Thank you for that information. We would be quite uncomfortable in that temperature as well. If someone is cold it is always easy to put on a sweater to be comfortable but when you are too warm, nothing really works.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have been home a week. The luggage arrived Wednesday and I have it unpacked, but not completely put away.

I just finished posting the last day to the Blog for those of you who have followed our trip.

We will do one more post on our thoughts about this wonderful journey and it was a journey, our third around the world. I loved every minute and Dick enjoyed it, but would rather have more freedom than 137 days on a ship allows, more like the long ARW trips we did in 2009 and 2015.

We also have some comments about Regent and our experiences on the Navigator, the good and the bad....there was both. In fairness to Regent, we need to get a little past the AC situation and weigh the whole of the cruise without the discomfort of the last 6 weeks so fresh in our minds.

I will post the final cruise review both here and on the blog.

Thanks everyone for following along and taking time for all the kind comments.

Carolyn

Carolyn I have followed along since the very start of your journey and really enjoyed your blog immensely.

Thanks for taking the time to post and take great photos.

It’s been a treat to follow along from winter thru spring and now summer.

Thanks and hope you have a good restful summer at home. Jean.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into your blog. I really enjoyed following along on your adventure. I would be interested in things your did to your cabin, and things you did during your day that helped with making the trip easier and avoiding any boredom

Carolyn,

I really enjoyed reading your blog and appreciate the time and energy it took to do this. As I make my final preparations for my 89 night Navigator cruise, in two weeks, I found your daily events onboard the ship and food reports insightful. It's been 6 years since I've been on Navigator so I look forward to getting back onboard. Your air conditioning tips have been very helpful as we are also on deck 6. I like my suite to be "meat locker!!"