Adriatic Explorer 4TH May Discovery 2. Problem with refund of cancelled excursion.

Just to back up my other post about this cruise. When we were waiting for repairs in Venice, a letter was sent to our cabin stating they had raised a refund request for the missed Dragons Dungeon trip in Split (£82) and we would receive this in 5 to 7 working days, and to keep the letter as proof of cancellation.

Is anybody having problems getting the refund for the excursions that were missed due to the ship breaking down?

We have sent an email with all the details even down to the ticket numbers to TUI and had a reply asking for other information which we pointed out was all in the original mail that was sent. :(

We then received a mail days later saying "thank you for contacting us, please provide your Ref No. so we can assist you further". So we phoned the number supplied and had to go through all of our information again then we were told to hold the line, we waited for about 5 mins and were then told they were not aware of any issues with the cruise and to send a copy of the letter to aftertravelcustomersupport@tui.co.uk for them to investigate and yes we have put every bit of info we have on the mail, so unless they want my grandmothers maiden name we should be covered. :D

So fingers crossed. Watch this space!!!!

Also we did have a final cruise guest bill, but our card was charged more, but thats another mystery:(

Just to back up my other post about this cruise. When we were waiting for repairs in Venice, a letter was sent to our cabin stating they had raised a refund request for the missed Dragons Dungeon trip in Split (£82) and we would receive this in 5 to 7 working days, and to keep the letter as proof of cancellation.

Is anybody having problems getting the refund for the excursions that were missed due to the ship breaking down?

We have sent an email with all the details even down to the ticket numbers to TUI and had a reply asking for other information which we pointed out was all in the original mail that was sent. :(

We then received a mail days later saying "thank you for contacting us, please provide your Ref No. so we can assist you further". So we phoned the number supplied and had to go through all of our information again then we were told to hold the line, we waited for about 5 mins and were then told they were not aware of any issues with the cruise and to send a copy of the letter to aftertravelcustomersupport@tui.co.uk for them to investigate and yes we have put every bit of info we have on the mail, so unless they want my grandmothers maiden name we should be covered. :D

So fingers crossed. Watch this space!!!!

Also we did have a final cruise guest bill, but our card was charged more, but thats another mystery:(

We are having a similar problem with After Travel Services following a problem with our final Invoice on Discovery. Our need for a refund is not from a cancelled tour but due to the fact we have been charged twice for the meal we had in 'Surf and Turf' restaurant on 9th May. So far we have sent our booking ref. and complaint details to 3 different departments and still no response.

Love our Marella cruises but their customer service has to be one of the worst in the industry.

hello itsbigmal

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago and was getting the run around and being told I would receive the refund in due course with the attitude "tough" and "they had lots to process". However, after several phone calls, one helpful adviser gave me the number for Shore Excursion Refund Queries, 0203 636 1903, and it was sorted out within a five minute phone call and in my bank account within 48 hours and an emaio to confirm this had been done. The call was also handled in the Uk and not Souith Africa.

Don't know how you settled your bill but the credit card company could perhaps help, we use ours now they can't charge a fee. We have been overcharged on our last eight cruises so when on the new ships check the app daily and will always settle onboard prior to leaving. Its an unfortunate development but they must get away with it many times.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

We have just received an email from After Travel Services with yet another request for a copy of our final invoice!

24 hours after sending the duplicate copy we have just received YET ANOTHER request for a copy of our final invoice!!!