Restaurant for evening in San Francisco

jstroose1

We are 4 people and are looking to eat off ship on Saturday night in July. We will be seeing Beach Blanket Babylon first so will be in the North Beach area. Can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant (hopefully not all tourists) that we can either walk to or are no more than 10 minute cab ride. We don't want it to be outrageously noisy. Entrees ideally in $3000 range but definitely no more than $45.00. Someone had recommended several to us - Cotogna, Slanted Door, Kokkahi and Flour and Water. I haven't checked yet for location. Any opinions welcome.

We don't want it to be outrageously noisy. Entrees ideally in $3000 range but definitely no more than $45.00. Someone had recommended several to us - Cotogna, Slanted Door, Kokkahi and Flour and Water. I haven't checked yet for location. Any opinions welcome.

I love the food at Kokkari and Slanted Door, but both are very noisy. Cotogna is owned by the same chef who owns Quince, next door. My friends and I spent a small fortune at Quince for a private dinner party several years ago and were unhappy with the experience. For that reason, Cotogna is not on my list of places to dine.

Flour + Water is the farthest from Club Fugazi and not within walking distance.