Hyatt Centric to Carnival Terminal

We are staying overnight at the Hyatt Centric in Long Beach the night before our Carnival Splendor cruise. What transportation would you recommend for getting to the port that morning (3 people with luggage)? Uber or Taxi? Something else?

I have considered staying on the Carnival Terminal side of the bay at Hotel Maya, but since we have all day the day before the cruise it seemed like being on the Hyatt Centric side was better for restaurants and such within walking distance?

How you get there almost doesn't matter--it's a very short ride (about a mile and a half)...so, the taxi fare or Uber fare is minimal either way. Personally, I don't like taxis in LA, so I would go with Uber. The Hyatt Centric puts you in the ideal location in Long Beach. You can walk across the street to the Aquarium, stroll over to Shoreline Village to browse in the shops...and have your choice of a number of restaurants virtually right outside your door. "The Pike" complex that the hotel is in has a 14-plex movie theater and a lot of "outlet" stores...but it also has an historical significance for old guys like me who grew up in the area. When I was a kid (and up until demolition in 1979), the Pike was an almost other-worldly old amusement park...lots of old-fashioned thrill rides. My parents used to bring us down there for cheap family entertainment--riding the "Wild Maus" and the "Tilt-a-Whirl", etc. Getting there, one had to steer around the sleazy bars and tattoo parlors (in those days, only sailors, convicts and motorcycle gangs wore tattoos)...In 1979, the city, as part of its redevelopment efforts in the area, sterilized it by knocking it all down and replacing it with retail, hotels and restaurants--making Long Beach what it is today...though I recognize the improvement, sometimes I sort of miss what was once there...In any event, the area is now much safer, cleaner and more attractive...

Tagging on, how about transportation from Hyatt Centric to the LA port (San Pedro) on a Monday late morning cruise? Taxi or Uber I assume?

I’d use Uber...for the easier payment system and lower fares...but it’s a matter of personal preference...the ride is only about 7 miles...

• 3 weeks later...