First timer, complete beginner.......

Yes indeed, MGB, I think I’ve been converted; the only problem being raising the necessary funds to afford it.

I now fully understand why the cruise operator’s add the option of a weeks’ stay in a hotel after your trip, as a way to recover from the exertions of cruising.

Although, on second thoughts, maybe a week in a health farm would be of more beneficial, judging by the way lots of us on the ship were putting away the food and drink.

There is a gym on board, or the trick is to not take a lift and always use the stairs.

My first couple of cruises were a cruise and stay, due to the same reasons you mentioned. But after some years we did our first 2-week cruise and it had sea days in between each port, so we had restful lie-ins and lazy days at sea before the ports of call.

Now being experienced we do 2 weeks with Marella (back to back) and have learnt how to not try everything possible in a day.

There is a gym on board, or the trick is to not take a lift and always use the stairs.

My first couple of cruises were a cruise and stay, due to the same reasons you mentioned. But after some years we did our first 2-week cruise and it had sea days in between each port, so we had restful lie-ins and lazy days at sea before the ports of call.

Now being experienced we do 2 weeks with Marella (back to back) and have learnt how to not try everything possible in a day.

Fortunately in over fifty cruies with tui never been able to find the gym assume that's for the youngsters only[emoji3] but have rung the bell on the wall, they did tell me the buffet was at the top[emoji6]

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

I did find the gym and chatted with an approachable young man (Lewis, I think it was) who explained what they had on offer. I declined his kind invitation, explaining I was just looking and you don’t get a body like mine by actively using places like this.

It looked quite small, but clean and modern,a cracking view and everything the ‘keep fit’ brigade would require. I volunteered sending my Other Half up there later, feeling he would have more chance persuading her to participate that me, but had a feeling she might beside tracked by the spa, which is positioned right next door.

Sounds good Shannock. I’m glad you had a good time. Your review is really helpful. As you know from another thread, hubby and I haven’t cruised with Marella yet, but we live near Newcastle, so we should give it a go. Having looked at the website, the ships, cabins etc, look impressive. Sailing from the UK without having to drive to the other end of the country, but just getting a taxi ‘up the road’, would be great!

Someone above mentioned that one of the ships used to be Celebrity Century. Interestingly (for us at least), that was the ship we took our first cruise on 🙂