Pursuit - Salaverry (Trujillo) Peru - no shore excursion?

Thelma600

Hey all -we are booked on Nov. 20/18 Miami to Lima and have been looking forward to browsing shore excursions. Nothing is up for the Salaverry port of call in Peru, and no apparent info on Azamazing Evening. This is our 4th Azamara Cruise and never seen zero shore excursions. At first we thought it was because the Pursuit was just getting up and running, but all the other ports have excursions. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for posting, I was going to ask Bonnie to find out what the position was for this cruise and the one following (1 December) as there are virtually no South America excursions loaded (well if you forget the overnight one costing £4400 each (!) I am suspecting it is because they are all new ports but I would like an idea of when things might be known so we can make our plans accordingly.

Bonnie

Do we have any update on when the South American excursions will be loaded? The 22 Nov Cruise only has excursions up to Panama and the 1 Dec has virtually none.

It’s getting to the point where we need to make final decisions of independent vs Azamara mindful of some otherwise worthless to us OBC that needs using.

Thanks

Been to all these ports this past winter. I was in another line. I took a walking tour of the town. Signed off the tour and did more walking and back to the church. We had a shuttle bus waiting about a five minute walk from the main sq.

The main thing here is the church,. I was here the day after the Pope so lots of celebrations and very very crowded. Inside the church was great. Very nice hotel on main sq for lunch.

At the time 3sols =an American $. So prices looked high,

Lima is great from museums to the old city, churches shut down mid day so watch your timing, felt my tour even with lunch could of been longer to see inside a church,

I would do private if you couldto get a better rate and see more in one day.

Thanks Robin, but I have OBC I want to use in some posts so need to start from that basis as I have no other use for the OBC.

You are very welcome. I know people have OBC to use. I used ships tours outside Lima. In Lima both. I find between the awful traffic and so much to see in 2 days you will not see half of Lima.

I am sure i was at all the ports this past winter. By the time I knew of the new ship it was to late for a Plan B for this past winter.

Ann- I did a lot of walking on very old cobblestones.

It was interesting to know I was following the Pope around Peru.

My Tour Department says they are focusing on South America right now. I understand there are some very interesting tours for the port of calls, including Salaverry/Trujillo, in the works.

Best estimate is that our SoAm tours be coming online soon and continuing up until the middle of July, when all should be loaded and available. So check back in now and then.