Jogging track and fitness center

kjbacon

As always, we are planning with the very best of intentions to exercise daily on our trip. We know we will certainly eat and drink too much :) so we have to keep active!

The pictures that I’ve found look great of the fitness center and jogging track but detail has me curious. Can you give me an idea what equipment is in the fitness center and the length of the jogging track?

The jogging track is 155 yards in circumference (13 laps = 1 nautical mile). The gym has free weights, various weight machines bikes, treadmills, rowing machines etc. There are also spin bikes for classes. DH finds it OK, I have never visited :)

As always, we are planning with the very best of intentions to exercise daily on our trip. We know we will certainly eat and drink too much :) so we have to keep active!

The pictures that I’ve found look great of the fitness center and jogging track but detail has me curious. Can you give me an idea what equipment is in the fitness center and the length of the jogging track?

I try to power walk 50 laps on the jogging track in the mornings. It can get busy so I usually start a little before sunrise. The gym can get busy at peak times but my wife uses it daily. Nice views from the treadmills.

For a small ship gym it’s pretty well equipped. It can get busy, but generally not too bad. I use the rowing machine and there is only one, so sometimes have to wait or come back. The weight machines are varied and pretty good. If you want the fitness instructor to give you a quick tour just ask. They’ll be happy to.

For the walking/jogging track I’m trixadexaphobic so I can’t count my laps for a mile. I just time myself. Much safer! Lol

Phil

I am phobic to active movement but I do enjoy a timed amble round the track. Time determines the reward at the end 15 minutes a cookie, 30 mins a wine, 45 mins a LIIT.

One thing they do ask joggers sometimes to limit running before 8am as sometimes guests below complain about the noise so to the OP bear that in mind.

The gym used to open at 6/6.30 but now it is 7.

DH enjoys the gym, sometimes guests are selfish and hog machines (the rowing machine is his bugbear as there is only one) but generally everyone follows the requested 20 minutes if others are waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For me Azamara ships have the best gyms at sea. At least for ships of this size. Equipment is all Lifefitness i.e. the best, and are located forward starboard on deck nine with great views out. Equipment is reasonably well spaced. Only possible issue is that the location can lead to a fair amount of movement if the sea is not on best behaviour. Just have to take care when on the treadmill. There will come a time when Azamara will reimagine this space as it occupies a great spot. Let’s hope that’s not for a while yet!

For me Azamara ships have the best gyms at sea. At least for ships of this size. Equipment is all Lifefitness i.e. the best, and are located forward starboard on deck nine with great views out. Equipment is reasonably well spaced. Only possible issue is that the location can lead to a fair amount of movement if the sea is not on best behaviour. Just have to take care when on the treadmill. There will come a time when Azamara will reimagine this space as it occupies a great spot. Let’s hope that’s not for a while yet!

Thank you Lioncub! I too love our onboard gyms, though must confess to using them less than usual on my latest cruises :eek:

And not to worry about our reimagining the gym space...I don't see that happening!

I have another phobia. The fear of spelling wrongly. It was a bit early!:D

Phil

Teehee. Sorry, didn’t mean to be spelling pedant. It’s just that with John’s birthday being on a 13th day it’s one of our favourite words. [emoji6]

Corinne