Discovery - early breakfast?

We've got a couple of early mornings planned on our Baltics cruise and probably won't have time to go for breakfast as everywhere seems to open at 7am. We don't have a fridge in our room and the Snack Shack closes at 6pm so we won't be back on the ship the day before in time to grab a sandwich to put in our cooler bag overnight.

What do people do for early breakfasts? I don't want to do a full morning's touring on an empty stomach.

We've got a couple of early mornings planned on our Baltics cruise and probably won't have time to go for breakfast as everywhere seems to open at 7am. We don't have a fridge in our room and the Snack Shack closes at 6pm so we won't be back on the ship the day before in time to grab a sandwich to put in our cooler bag overnight.

What do people do for early breakfasts? I don't want to do a full morning's touring on an empty stomach.

If the early morning trips you are going on are organised by Marella the buffet usually opens earlier than usual to accommodate passengers setting off for coaches.

Or you could make some rolls up/get some fruit at the buffet the night before and store them in your cooler bag.

If the early morning trips you are going on are organised by Marella the buffet usually opens earlier than usual to accommodate passengers setting off for coaches.

Or you could make some rolls up/get some fruit at the buffet the night before and store them in your cooler bag.

Thanks for the reply.

That's good to know about the buffet opening earlier some days.

Our earliest one is with Alla though and is a 7.30am meet up. (we must be mad :D) It wouldn't have occurred to me to make up rolls from the evening buffet. The crew don't mind? It'd be a perfect solution.

I have not been on the discovery yet but all the other marella ships I have been able to go outside the buffet and get something to eat about 6.30 they don't mind if they are setting breakfast up ,and I get a full pint glass of orange as I don't drink tea or coffee ,ask the day before you might be lucky,

Did the Baltic cruise on the Discovery this year and in StPetersburg the breakfast times were slightly earlier than normal on both days –Islands buffet was from 0600, grab n go was from 0700 and waiter service from0730. On the first day only lunch and evening meal started early as well, this isto fit in with all the excursions with the first ship excursion leaving at 0730(both days).

Did the Baltic cruise on the Discovery this year and in StPetersburg the breakfast times were slightly earlier than normal on both days –Islands buffet was from 0600, grab n go was from 0700 and waiter service from0730. On the first day only lunch and evening meal started early as well, this isto fit in with all the excursions with the first ship excursion leaving at 0730(both days).

Thanks! That's really useful to know.

Not 100% certain but think you can order room service 24 hrs but it's obviously at a cost.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I'm sure the room service doesn't start until 7am. I think I've read that somewhere. That would have been our first choice otherwise. Thanks though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason we keep coming back to Thomson/Tui/Marella is for reasons like this! I’m a very early riser and am often wandering around with coffee by 5 am. On every cruise I’ve been on some staff member has come forward and asked me if I’d like them to see if the croissants, etc., are ready yet. I think the buffet will open early for this, but the staff are so helpful I’d just ask.

• 4 weeks later...