BON VOYAGE Sea Princess World Cruise 2018

Yesterday Sea Princess went over the tip of the top of Australia

Here is where they are early on:

sea_princess_position_11062018.jpg

They got another two days at sea before they get to Komodo

I think it is a shame they don't stop en route between Brisbane and Komodo, in such a beautiful part of Australia. I would hate to just cruise past, without ports of call, such as Thursday Island and Darwin.

I think it is a shame they don't stop en route between Brisbane and Komodo, in such a beautiful part of Australia. I would hate to just cruise past, without ports of call, such as Thursday Island and Darwin.

Agreed, or even PNG or Timor Leste.

Today they are at Komodo Island.

sea_bridge14062018.jpg

sea_princess_position14062018.jpg

Hope they all have a great day ashore and get to see many Komodo dragons.

Tonight they head of to Singapore.

I wonder how many passengers chose to stay on board.

Are there many tours available not including the Komodo dragons?

I wonder how many passengers chose to stay on board.

Are there many tours available not including the Komodo dragons?

Heres an interesting thread on Komodo.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277220&highlight=komodo

Seems you can tender ashore but cannot leave the pier without a guide. The entire Island is a National Park.

I did read once that a group were being taken to view the dragons when the guide suddenly pushed them off the track and into the bushes , just before a couple of dragons came charging past.They can move very quickly when they want to. The guides are all in touch with mobile phones. The dragons can sometimes be seen lying on the beach...I dont think swimming would be an option there.:eek:

Seems you can tender ashore but cannot leave the pier without a guide. The entire Island is a National Park.

I did read once that a group were being taken to view the dragons when the guide suddenly pushed them off the track and into the bushes , just before a couple of dragons came charging past.They can move very quickly when they want to. The guides are all in touch with mobile phones. The dragons can sometimes be seen lying on the beach...I dont think swimming would be an option there.:eek:

I have no desire to see the dragons (even for free), but I seemed to recall the tour to a pink beach.

Thanks, David for interesting thread on Komodo.

Dear David. Thank you for posting the 2018 World Cruise. I am so happy to have discovered your posts. I have been following a few passengers on board and just love getting extra real photos from the ship. You have been doing a great job following the World Cruises, I just love your work. Warm Regards Linda

They are certainly something I would like to see, just not so sure about how close I would want to get.

They are approaching Singapore as I post. Local time about 5.30 am. The Marine Traffic site shows the "traffic" they have to thread through.

Singapore very busy .

17_sea.jpg

Thanks David. The amount of traffic is unbelievable. I love being up on deck arriving and leaving Singapore, as it is so interesting.

They will be at the cruise terminal with the Genting Dream, one of Star Cruises big ships with 3,300 passengers.

17_sea_3.jpg

17_sea_4.jpg

17_sea_5.jpg

3,300 passengers and two hours less in port than Sea Princess - no, thank you.

We were in port with a huge Genting ship at Halong Bay. It wasn't meant to be there, but had been diverted from elsewhere because of a storm. It was lit up like a Christmas tree!

They will be at the cruise terminal with the Genting Dream, one of Star Cruises big ships with 3,300 passengers.

17_sea_3.jpg

17_sea_4.jpg

17_sea_5.jpg

Hey that is Garry and me in the bridge cam.... I kept turning around in hope that you would see us

Sent from my iPad using Forums