Anyone Back From Amsterdam After Her Dry Dock ??

curtdesilets

I think she just sailed her 1st week in Alaska last week, returning Sunday June 3.

Anybody been on her since the 12 day dry dock in Early May 2018?

Just Curious as we sail Amsterdam to Alaska in 3 weeks and change. Any info would be GREAT! :D:D

I posted a request a couple of weeks ago about the Vista suites. As of now, no one has answered. Maybe a updated request would help.

If anyone has been on the Amsterdam since drydock, what has been done to the Vista Suites, pls.?

Bill and Mary Ann Posted some info on the drydock here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2578780&highlight=Bill+and+Maryann

There are photos in their blog here.

https://cruisingwithbillandmaryann.blogspot.com/

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for that. I read all the pages on the blog pertaining to their 17 day Panama Canal transit on Amsterdam. LOTS of Info!

Thanks for that. I read all the pages on the blog pertaining to their 17 day Panama Canal transit on Amsterdam. LOTS of Info!

I saw nothing on their blog about expected changed in the Vista Suites. Did I miss something? Surely, someone out there, can you tell us what has been done with those cabins, pls?

From what I gathered, Amsterdam has not changed the "Crows Nest" into the Explorations Central monstrosity. Am I right?

The Zaandam had not changed the Crows Nest , after her recent dry dock. Shall we presume the R and S class ships remain safe from this remodeling travesty? Some decor changes and seating changes but the library and cafe was still intact and where they belongs and the Cows Nest remains the primary forward viewing and lounging space.

They added more reclining loungers to the Library while taking away some of them from the Crows Nest- allowing more people to enjoy the Crows Nest window views.

I posted a request a couple of weeks ago about the Vista suites. As of now, no one has answered. Maybe a updated request would help.

If anyone has been on the Amsterdam since drydock, what has been done to the Vista Suites, pls.?

We returned from the Amsterdam on May 27, 2018, first cruise after dry dock. The verandah suites received new carpet, bedding and reupholstered sofa. All else is the same.

From what I gathered, Amsterdam has not changed the "Crows Nest" into the Explorations Central monstrosity. Am I right?

The Crow's Nest is the same. Did not see any of the Explorations stuff up there.

We returned from the Amsterdam on May 27, 2018, first cruise after dry dock. The verandah suites received new carpet, bedding and reupholstered sofa. All else is the same.

What is the color scheme now in the Vista Suites? So, nothing was done in the bathrooms? Oh, well, not too bad.

The Crow's Nest is the same. Did not see any of the Explorations stuff up there.

Thanks. We like older ships left the way they were intended.

As a side note: We were big Celebrity cruisers and for years, we loved the Century most of all of their ships. No bells and whistles, but charming in her own right. Unfortunately, the bean counters/executives/know-it-alls or whomever at Celebrity bid her adieu a few years ago, as she did not meet their expectations for "Modern Luxury". A shame really.

As a secondary side note: Is HAL keeping Prisendam?? Never sailed her but she seems like a treat! - OP

What is the color scheme now in the Vista Suites? So, nothing was done in the bathrooms? Oh, well, not too bad.

The new carpet is sort of blue, gray and purple. The sofas are a grayish weave. The counters in the Neptune suites were changed from granite to a white quartz. The furniture is the same. In the Neptune suites the bathtub was refitted, sort of molded. But, there is less room to stand as the width is tighter.

The new carpet is sort of blue, gray and purple. The sofas are a grayish weave. The counters in the Neptune suites were changed from granite to a white quartz. The furniture is the same. In the Neptune suites the bathtub was refitted, sort of molded. But, there is less room to stand as the width is tighter.

Thanks, LewiLewi. We are eagerly looking forward to our Grand Asia in September.