Info needed for Seattle hotels

nil6000

We are going to Alaska from Seattle next year and need some advice on hotels.

Are there any that offer shuttle service from downtown to the airport?

Are there any near the airport that have a shuttle to the port?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you mean free shuttles, no in both cases. If you mean a shuttle you pay for, then sure in both cases. Note there are two cruise terminals in Seattle, one that's considerably farther from things (Pier 91) than the other (Pier 66.)

There are many hotels near the airport that have free shuttles to and from the airport, but none that have free shuttles to the downtown or cruise terminals, which are between 15 and 20 miles from the airport.

Thank you do you recommend any downtown that offer paid shuttles to the airport?
All of them do - shuttle bus services, cabs, towncars, Uber... Most cabs and towncars cost around $50; the shuttles tend to be around $17 - $20 per person but are generally slower.

There are many, many threads on this board asking and answering these same questions - a few minutes searching will pay dividends.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific in Seattle. It was wonderful! They did not offer a shuttle from SeaTac to the hotel, but we used Quality Town Cars. Very satisfied with the service! The Pan Pacific has a free car that takes you anywhere within a 2 mi. radius of the hotel. We loved this, especially since we stayed in Seattle 3 nights prior to the cruise. Very nice perk! We also used the courtesy car to take us to the port on sailing day, which was May 15, 2019. We took a cab from the port to SeaTac - $50.

We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle. We took the light link rail from the airport to the Westlake stop. It dropped us off about a block from the hotel and cost $3 per person. Then on the day of the cruise we took a pre-cruise city tour that dropped us off at the port and included transportation back to the airport after the cruise. It was $75 per person and WELL worth it. The tour was amazing and considering transportation from the pier back to the airport alone is usually around $40, I thought it was a good deal.

Try Seattle Express. They picked us up at the Doubletree at Seatac and took us to Pier 91.

Roz

We're staying at Hampton Inn Southcenter (Tukwila), and I've signed up & paid for Seattle Express. $57.24 total RT with 10% AAA discount. Picking us up at 9:45 AM.

We're staying at Hampton Inn Southcenter (Tukwila), and I've signed up & paid for Seattle Express. $57.24 total RT with 10% AAA discount. Picking us up at 9:45 AM.

Seattle Express picks up at quite a few hotels in the Seattle area. Some people are adverse to riding in a vehicle with people they don't know; doesn't bother me in the least. It's easier than public transportation and less expensive than a private car.

Roz

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle. We took the light link rail from the airport to the Westlake stop. It dropped us off about a block from the hotel and cost $3 per person. Then on the day of the cruise we took a pre-cruise city tour that dropped us off at the port and included transportation back to the airport after the cruise. It was $75 per person and WELL worth it. The tour was amazing and considering transportation from the pier back to the airport alone is usually around $40, I thought it was a good deal.

Who did you do the precruise tour with?

We are considering using the light rail. Was it an easy process? How many pieces of luggage did you have ?

We each had one large suitcase and a backpack. It was really easy to the Sheraton Seattle. I know some areas, you have to get off the light rail and then take a monorail to get to your hotel, but as far as the Sheraton goes, it was a breeze. There were signs everywhere in the airport to help you find the light rail. Once there, there are machines to buy your tickets ($3 per person). I think the airport is the first stop, so it's not crowded at all. The only are where it got a little tight was from Pioneer Square to Westlake, but that was only about 5 minutes of the ride. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We got off at the Westlake stop and walked up to street level. We could see the Sheraton from the street. It was about a block away. Super easy!

We each had one large suitcase and a backpack. It was really easy to the Sheraton Seattle. I know some areas, you have to get off the light rail and then take a monorail to get to your hotel, but as far as the Sheraton goes, it was a breeze. There were signs everywhere in the airport to help you find the light rail. Once there, there are machines to buy your tickets ($3 per person). I think the airport is the first stop, so it's not crowded at all. The only are where it got a little tight was from Pioneer Square to Westlake, but that was only about 5 minutes of the ride. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We got off at the Westlake stop and walked up to street level. We could see the Sheraton from the street. It was about a block away. Super easy!

Thank you for the advice, I just reserved our hotel at the Sheraton.

Did you just place your suitcase in front of you ?

They're supposed to go under your seat or in your lap. There's also a bike storage area where you can put bags, but the bike riders don't like this when they board. Many people stack them in front of the foldable seats for handicapped people (aka the wheelchair bays.) This is obviously a poor and inconsiderate practice.

Chances are the train will be empty enough that it won't be an issue, but use common sense and be courteous, just as you would on any other big city transit system. If your bags are too big or too numerous, consider Uber or a cab.

They're supposed to go under your seat or in your lap. There's also a bike storage area where you can put bags, but the bike riders don't like this when they board. Many people stack them in front of the foldable seats for handicapped people (aka the wheelchair bays.) This is obviously a poor and inconsiderate practice.

Chances are the train will be empty enough that it won't be an issue, but use common sense and be courteous, just as you would on any other big city transit system. If your bags are too big or too numerous, consider Uber or a cab.

Perfect thanks for the info. We will only have one suitcase, I wondered if it could fit under the seat

If you are on a seat facing the aisle, you can put your bag in front of you. I saw several people doing that. My husband stood and just held onto his suitcase next to him. There were plenty of seats, but we had just got off a 3 hour flight and he was ready to stand for awhile. I sat on an outside seat facing forward and just put mine next to me. They have 4 wheels so they were really easy to move around as needed.

You mention about walking up to street level. I know we will each have a suitcase and carry on. Are there stairs we need to carry the luggage up? If so, how many?

STAYING AT SAME HOTEL 7/15/2018 but we are using SEATTLE SHUTTLE AND FOR 12 PEOPLE IT WAS $27 each for round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please give me info on the Sheraton Seattle hotel? Like service, cleanness and the part of town it's located I know it will tell me of location on there web sight but I would like to get a first hand opinion. We are cruising to Alaska in June 4th 2019 out of Seattle Any info will be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Shiska

The Cedarbrook Lodge is a good option if you want to stay near SeaTac airport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. If you want to go to downtown Seattle, they will take you to the airport where you can catch the light rail into town.

The Cedarbrook is a hotel and spa. As you take the courtesy shuttle to the hotel, you may start to wonder what you've gotten yourself into. But once on the hotel grounds, the hotel and grounds are beautiful. The hotel offers a really nice, free buffet breakfast that includes things like smoked salmon, yougurt parfaits, etc. The also have a gathering area in each building with a fireplace, that's stocked with complementary bottled water, ice cream bars, yougurts, candy and various other snacks.

Downtown Seattle hotels tend to be pricey during the cruise season. It's nice to be in the middle of the action downtown, but when the hotels are running $400+ downtown, we've found the Cedarbrook to be a great, more affordable alternative. A very relaxing, lovely setting and only about 30 minutes or so by light rail to the Seattle waterfront area.

The Cedarbrook Lodge is a good option if you want to stay near SeaTac airport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. If you want to go to downtown Seattle, they will take you to the airport where you can catch the light rail into town.

The Cedarbrook is a hotel and spa. As you take the courtesy shuttle to the hotel, you may start to wonder what you've gotten yourself into. But once on the hotel grounds, the hotel and grounds are beautiful. The hotel offers a really nice, free buffet breakfast that includes things like smoked salmon, yougurt parfaits, etc. The also have a gathering area in each building with a fireplace, that's stocked with complementary bottled water, ice cream bars, yougurts, candy and various other snacks.

Downtown Seattle hotels tend to be pricey during the cruise season. It's nice to be in the middle of the action downtown, but when the hotels are running $400+ downtown, we've found the Cedarbrook to be a great, more affordable alternative. A very relaxing, lovely setting and only about 30 minutes or so by light rail to the Seattle waterfront area.

Thank you for the information I will be looking into Cedarbrook. It seems like all the hotels in Seattle are very pricey. Again thank you for replying.

Shiska