Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

I’ve got a really good assistant Manager now who I can trust completely.

MissSophia i’ll Look forward to it. What make of 4paws have you got?

I’ve got a fantastic Springer/cocker, a 14 1/2 yr old very creaky, very grumpy staffie/mastiff/lab cross that has recently developed a leak and 6 cats. All are rescue jobbies.

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny..........

35463281_1740790505967973_9137464560561684480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=d42996f7eab73bc008cae67848a002b7&oe=5BABB0CC

And a bonus picture from Jasper National Park in Alberta.

Photo by Jeff Bartlett

35832920_1741483329232024_4605096761206243328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeF5EiXOk1N4rca6-SddLxSbOmVG45eWc-bOL2qNnlAbaGOH2cJvitxNU8IzsaywZRmwiFYwisj0ds30-6xvOabvvC5h3enlDnZMwiNo5fiTrg&oh=a567d50a355813d5c30881405eb33235&oe=5BBE769F

Have a great day all!

Love your funny again today Mysty!

Reminds me of myself when I’m in Florida and have Ghd straightened my hair Perfectly, then walk outside:')

Your photos of Alberta are really stunning. With direct flights to Canada from Dublin, I have no excuse.

Thanks so much for sharing.

I’ve got a really good assistant Manager now who I can trust completely.

MissSophia i’ll Look forward to it. What make of 4paws have you got?

I’ve got a fantastic Springer/cocker, a 14 1/2 yr old very creaky, very grumpy staffie/mastiff/lab cross that has recently developed a leak and 6 cats. All are rescue jobbies.

Crikey, you have got a few furry babies....my pooch is a five year old black lab.....an absolute treasure....🐕

Very sad news this morning to hear a dear friend of mine passed away at just 52....she was the other half of the local farm shop l use and I’ve known her since she was 16.......

Enjoy every day 😊

Oh Sophia, that's terrible. So sorry to hear. I agree about enjoying every day.

Davy, cool dog and cat videos. Loved the contrast between the young dog at warp speed and the old dog taking his time. And the cats.. How many times can a cat yawn in 45 seconds?

Jeff, no pix. I thought they were mundane but they sure were tasty. Next time. I have another 3# in the freezer.

Need to buckle down and start working but not in the mood yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Crikey, you have got a few furry babies....my pooch is a five year old black lab.....an absolute treasure....🐕

Very sad news this morning to hear a dear friend of mine passed away at just 52....she was the other half of the local farm shop l use and I’ve known her since she was 16.......

Enjoy every day 😊

Sophia,

Sorry to hear such sad news. Far too young!

Sakaara,

I don’t want to start the other poster off again by asking the obvious question, so have replied here in order to try and help you.

It was made to sound easy but you will be extremely lucky if you find any VPN that allows access to any of the UK terrestrial broadcasters as they have highly sophisticated detection systems and they update them dynamically.

I suggest you ask the poster who suggested it the detail of what VPN he is using and what city and node they are connected to, to give access to UK Broadcasters. You would be very lucky to hit on one that works by chance, and I suspect you will find there isn’t one. I had several VPNs on my last trip to Vienna and previously to Singapore and even tested them whilst in the UK, and have worked my way through every node on each and found none offer UK broadcaster access. However IPVanish on some US nodes gives US Netflix. The BBC is the most robust and most difficult to circumvent.

TVCatdhup does seem to allow you to watch live UK TV because I think they are rebroadcasting.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Loved the pooch video as well. We've got a 14yr old JRT that leaks occasionally too. Such is old age! The good part is that he still acts like a puppy, albeit a deaf one, but vision and nose are still 100%....

So sorry to hear of your sad news, Sophia.......

The "palace" looks lovely, DW.....I'll see if I can get a good shot of our home.....will need to remove chickens first.....(giggle!)

Sakaara,

I don’t want to start the other poster off again by asking the obvious question, so have replied here in order to try and help you.

It was made to sound easy but you will be extremely lucky if you find any VPN that allows access to any of the UK terrestrial broadcasters as they have highly sophisticated detection systems and they update them dynamically.

I suggest you ask the poster who suggested it the detail of what VPN he is using and what city and node they are connected to, to give access to UK Broadcasters. You would be very lucky to hit on one that works by chance, and I suspect you will find there isn’t one. I had several VPNs on my last trip to Vienna and previously to Singapore and even tested them whilst in the UK, and have worked my way through every node on each and found none offer UK broadcaster access. However IPVanish on some US nodes gives US Netflix. The BBC is the most robust and most difficult to circumvent.

TVCatdhup does seem to allow you to watch live UK TV because I think they are rebroadcasting.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for explanation. We used to be able to get US Netflix but it’s blocked completely now.

I’ve just spoken to my daughter and she has told me she can access BBC player, using a VPN. I don’t know how to message you privately with her VPN, but let me know and you could try it and see if it would work for you in Vienna or Singapore.

I’m not at all techie.

We are very lucky here on the Silversea Watercooler to have you. You are an expert in so many areas, and I know I’m not alone in my appreciation of the fact that you give so much of your time trying to help and assist everyone.

It’s increasingly disturbing the amount of Vitriol against you. Totally unwarranted.

I really wish you the best of luck with compensation from SS.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for explanation. We used to be able to get US Netflix but it’s blocked completely now.

I’ve just spoken to my daughter and she has told me she can access BBC player, using a VPN. I don’t know how to message you privately with her VPN, but let me know and you could try it and see if it would work for you in Vienna or Singapore.

I’m not at all techie.

We are very lucky here on the Silversea Watercooler to have you. You are an expert in so many areas, and I know I’m not alone in my appreciation of the fact that you give so much of your time trying to help and assist everyone.

It’s increasingly disturbing the amount of Vitriol against you. Totally unwarranted.

I really wish you the best of luck with compensation from SS.

Seconded

Thats extremely kind of you S thanks for the kind words.

You can’t PM on CC but I see no reason not to simply post the VPN she is using. Most of them that advertise access don’t work but it is difficult to complain because of the purpose the VPN is used for. They all seem to offer free trials.

To access Netflix US if you use IPvanish and select Dallas and let it select the best server you should be able to access it as though in the US. I’ve been using the same server for a year or so. You can google offers and should come up with an IPVanish offer of up to 70% off. That should allow you a free trial so if you try it and it doesn’t work you cancel and pay nothing. The app is loadable onto Ipad, onto a PC via the app shop in Amazon, or there is a method of sending it to an Amazon Fire set top box if you google - it can be sent and “sideloaded” from an Android phone. I’ve just rechecked and IPVanish at Dallas is giving me full Netflix US content.

I use to use a couple of Slingboxes for overseas TV viewing but they have all given up.

Thanks again for the comments.

Dave,

Just checking .... where are you currently with your chargeback?

I contacted SS over a week ago and sent reminders, and to the TA, and I find it dissapointing that there has not been the contact that was very firmly promised on the ship to fob us off. Not even an holding acknowledgement or apology. Zilch. It doesn’t “feel right” to me. I think Swindy, I, you and others affected by these issues appear to have been “stiffed”. There is no excuse whatsoever not to even send an acknowledgement. :( :( :(

Evidence all going in this week Jeff

That’s exactly what it was like when I returned and the reason that I started that thread. They just kept fobbing me off and not responding when they had promised. I Was rather hoping they might have learnt from their mistakes.

Thanks Dave,

I think my problem is that I try to rationalise this behaviour and forget my own maxim “never try to rationalise irrational behaviour”.

There really is only one of two possibilities. Either they are shambolically incompetent, or they are totally untrustworthy.

Which is worst`? I do not know. :(