Azamara Questions

FTG

Hi everyone,

I'm considering a cruise on Azamara and wondered if I could ask the first of probably what will be many, many questions? I have cruised on Princess a few times so I am not totally new to cruising. Having said that I was wondering if:

- Azamara has airport to hotel to ship transfers if you don't book the hotel through them? The reason I ask is that I am a senior citizen, travelling alone so it would be nice not to have to worry about that part of the trip :)

-I was looking at the Spice route - Singapore to Dubai in Nov, 2019- and what really got my attention was the white nights and amazing nights...that sounds like so much fun.

-also wondering if there are ATM's on board?

Thanking you in advance!

There are ATM,s on ship. The charge is $6.50 per visit by the bank. $$$ And Euros.

I book my own limo or use taxi and I book thru hotel as to charge to my room. I prefer private vs a bus. Tried it once from hotel to ship and a couple times from ship to airport. Just too stressful for me.

Hi everyone....

what really got my attention was the white nights and amazing nights...that sounds like so much fun....

Thanking you in advance!

The white night on board was a whole lot of fun; most of the cruisers participated in the activities.

Some of the Amazing evenings are truly amazing. However, on our last Azamara cruise, the Amazing evening at Ephusus was changed at the last minute, as far as we knew, and was absolutely nothing special. Reading most Azamara reviews - they are an outstanding activity.

We have found that Azamazing evenings vary. The best one we went to was in Bangkok - it was an outstanding event in a beautiful setting,ending with fireworks.

Unfortunately we have had 2 where the weather meant they had to be held on the ship, in the Cabaret Lounge ( in Panama City & in St Marten). The atmosphere was nowhere near as exciting, and the event was therefore not as good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FTG,

I'm a 'senior' woman who often travels alone and loves Azamara. I've done two cruises in two years and have three more booked. It's very addictive!

As luck and my itineraries would have it, my two Azamazing Evenings were identical. The same pianist at the same location on Crete. No complaints though; they were both great. White Nights are too. The food is fabulous, entertainment and ambiance are fun.

When you're certain of your itinerary, join it's roll call. You'll get acquainted with people you'll meet on your cruise, may have an opportunity to join some private tours and I've met people to share transportation with from hotels to port on my two previous cruises and the one coming up. We've used van services that will stop at different hotels, so no need to be staying in the same place. It's more comfortable than a bus and less expensive than a limo.

I hope you'll give Azamara a try and love it as much as I do.

Melissa

Melissa I also noticed Azamara seemed to recognize the solo traveller more so than perhaps other cruise lines?

There has been a hosted solo dinner on the first night of my two cruises and I've met good friends there. The Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle event is another opportunity to let others know that you're alone and would welcome company at meals, etc. if that's so. I've also enjoyed the shared table in the MDR for dinner many times.

Azamara prides itself on its culture of friendliness, from officers and crew through passengers. That's the attitude that keeps people coming back and that makes it a very comfortable atmosphere for solo travelers.

Melissa

FTG,

I sailed solo on Journey in April from Singapore to Dubai. There were 54 solo sailors on board. I booked my own hotel near Boat Quay and took a taxi from the airport for about $30 US. There is an ATM in the airport near the taxi stand. I took Uber to port for about $6. Singapore is very clean and safe; great walking city.

The Azaamazing evening event was held in Yangon and I enjoyed it. Many local young people set up tables to serve us food from a local five star restaurant. There was local entertainment as well. It took place in People's Park with a view of the golden Shewdegon Pagoda. Very unique event, although people did not like the long bus ride into Yangon from port. I loved this itinerary. Join the roll call . Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
There are ATM,s on ship. The charge is $6.50 per visit by the bank. $$$ And Euros.

I book my own limo or use taxi and I book thru hotel as to charge to my room. I prefer private vs a bus. Tried it once from hotel to ship and a couple times from ship to airport. Just too stressful for me.

Does the on board ATM machine show what can be daily exchange rate changes and does it show the user that a charge to use the ATM is part of the transaction?

In your experience, is there an monetary incentive to use the on board ATM instead of finding and using an on shore bank or ATM? I'm guessing that most passengers would certainly prefer using an on board ATM as it adds convenience and security when buying foreign currency but those same passengers would not welcome extra hidden charges and terrible exchange rates as a consequence. Finding and then using onshore banks and ATM machines can often be time consuming and frustrating adventures.