Edge officers, staff shaping up

vtcruising

I thought that at first too. On my recent Reflection cruise though I made the mistake of calling this hostess the maitre’d and was quickly corrected by the actual maitre’d who said that the woman I had referred to was actually the hostess. Doesn’t really matter to me as long as everyone is providing good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for clearing it up!

Yes when we were on Solstice, the Luminae Maitre D', Miss Gee, was excellent and she also told us she was going to start up Luminae on Edge. So who will be the Maitre D' ? Miss Gee from Solstice or Katya from Reflection?

Katya told us she would be doing the same job on Edge that she was doing on Reflection, Hostess.

She also said she had no desire to be a Maitre D' - ever - period.

The Masters Nestoroudis and Kafetzis will probably alternate every 3 months or so on the Edge, as cruisestitch said, with Captain Nestroroudis starting Oct 18, 2018 (in 4 months!) per Arno's chart. They may be a little more predictable, but Captains change as well. I can't remember who is going to Beyond in early 2020, but that may change things around.

It has been fun to watch the positions get filled. It looks like a lot of good people will be onboard! :D

Captain Kefetzis will eventually move to Beyond as the Master of the vessel. He made the announcement on the Reflection TA last November.

Once they post a crew how long do they stay before being reassigned. We are going in April 14th

Cruisestitch (who has sailed 837 days with Celebrity) discussed this in post #39:

"Captains rotate on three month shifts. Other officers anywhere from three to five or six months." :)

We just got off the Reflection on March 12.

Bogdan was on board and he confirmed he will be transferring to the Edge as her first Suite Manager. He is the Best.

Julie Sherrington will be Guest Relations Manager.

And Katya, the Hostess in Luminae, will also be going to the Edge.

We do like Maarten Bruels. Julie Sherrington is the greatest. Julie is just wonderful!

• 1 month later...

Here is Arno's latest spreadsheet (June 17) of Who's Onboard. Edge was added a few months ago. We have heard about other people who have shared with posters that they will be on the Edge, but maybe Arno hasn't confirmed that they will be the openers.

enhance

We cruised with Jose on the Reflection in April - outstanding. Now, if we can just get one of my favorite (there have been several) bartenders in Michaels, I'll be as happy as (you know the rest)

George

Just off Reflection. Jose, and Felix (waiters in Luminae) are supposed to go to Edge. Ellyta, asst. waiter, also apparently has been asked to go to Edge.

Hmmm, wonder if that is the same Felix we had in Luminae on Eclipse last year? He was fantastic. We were just on Reflection in May and did not see him, but maybe he was on vacation or it’s someone else with the same name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
We cruised with Jose on the Reflection in April - outstanding. Now, if we can just get one of my favorite (there have been several) bartenders in Michaels, I'll be as happy as (you know the rest)

George

Hi George, when are you cruising on the Edge? I will be there in January, October and Nov. Ta 2019..hope to see you[emoji4]

Rose

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Hi George, when are you cruising on the Edge? I will be there in January, October and Nov. Ta 2019..hope to see you[emoji4]

Rose

Feb 1 and, IT MAY HAPPEN AGAIN . . . W/B TA, Nov 1. You?

George

Yes Oct 21 and Nov 1..also Jan 6 13 20 and 27 2019 Tish is joining me Jan 20 for 7 days

Rose

So, finally, we meet again. And I was beginning to think you didn't care!

I haven't looked for a Board for our Nov TA, but I will and we'll chat. Nanaimo is still my most requested dessert.

Looking forward

George

So, finally, we meet again. And I was beginning to think you didn't care!

I haven't looked for a Board for our Nov TA, but I will and we'll chat. Nanaimo is still my most requested dessert.

Looking forward

George

Hi George,

Looking forward to meeting you two again too..sorry no Nanaimo bars this time, I moved to Vernon, BC and there are no "Vernon bars" yet at least not the dessert ones [emoji1]..I am taking the Rome to Rome cruise before the TA. the Edge has single Infinity balcony cabins so I booked one of those for the B2B and hope that I do not get claustrophobic...

Have to start looking into cruise critic as well..

Rose

Hi George,

Looking forward to meeting you two again too..sorry no Nanaimo bars this time, I moved to Vernon, BC and there are no "Vernon bars" yet at least not the dessert ones [emoji1]..I am taking the Rome to Rome cruise before the TA. the Edge has single Infinity balcony cabins so I booked one of those for the B2B and hope that I do not get claustrophobic...

Have to start looking into cruise critic as well..

Rose

A friend has booked an infinite balcony in Jan. I'll let you know.

If my memory (and my inbox) are correct, you still owe me an email.

George

A friend has booked an infinite balcony in Jan. I'll let you know.

If my memory (and my inbox) are correct, you still owe me an email.

George

I am getting old, please refresh my memory [emoji848]

I am going in Jan on a regular infinity

balcony in Aquaclass and a SV balcony 2 weeks each but not a single cabin..will find out what they are like when I get a chance to see them

I am not sure if this is info that anyone else posted, or even cares about, but we met a young man in Liquor Sales on the Equinox in July who also does the Whisky Tastings is going to the Edge. He was a wonderful presenter and great young man form Brazil, Helio.

Thanks, my DH cares! ;)

We just got off the Reflection on March 12.

Bogdan was on board and he confirmed he will be transferring to the Edge as her first Suite Manager. He is the Best.

Julie Sherrington will be Guest Relations Manager.

And Katya, the Hostess in Luminae, will also be going to the Edge.

Julie Sherrington is the best person for that job