Plan, Research, Go - travel blog

Kkyykk

Hello Everybody

Just started up a travel blog recently and having a boatload of fun with it.

Only a few articles up right now but of course, will be adding much more. Was on a recent cruise to the Baltics so I'm just currently working through some thoughts on the port cities I visited.

For the blog I'm focusing more on travel research and trying to write detailed articles on specific topics to answer specific questions. Of course, some general topics as well. Let's see how this goes!

Please have a visit and let me know what you think.

http://kensaysgotravel.com

Ken

Hello Everybody

Only a few articles up right now but of course, will be adding much more. Was on a recent cruise to the Baltics so I'm just currently working through some thoughts on the port cities I visited.

For the blog I'm focusing more on travel research and trying to write detailed articles on specific topics to answer specific questions. Of course, some general topics as well. Let's see how this goes!

Ken

Hi Ken - Took a look - nice looking site you got going there. Good start.

Actually, your article on getting to Slussen T-Bana from the port area was really useful to me. We will be visiting Stockholm shortly so thanks! Can't wait for the rest of your Stockholm posts (hurry, before I depart!)

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Glad that article helps you.

Since you will be in Stockholm, just want to let you know that there are a couple other posts I did may be helpful to you. For example, "Free Wifi Around the Stockholm Stadsgarden Port Area" and "5 Free Things To Do in Stockholm With the Family".

Also, I'm trying to finish up an article on the Stockholm subway (they are visually stunning!). You should check that one out too (sometime this week I hope).

Ken

When visiting Copenhagen, it is highly recommended to pay a visit to the beautiful Lutheran Church of our Lady. As it is situated just off the pedestrian streets of the Stroget, it makes for an excellent and easy additional itinerary item.

Read more at:

http://kensaysgotravel.com/church-of-our-lady-a-hidden-gem-in-copenhagen/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Everybody

Ken

Great start- loved the piece about the subway art- who would have thought! Do you intend to limit the blog to Europe or will you eventually want to include other non european destinations? This is a big undertaking, so thanks for taking the plunge.

Regards Peter, Calgary

Great start- loved the piece about the subway art- who would have thought! Do you intend to limit the blog to Europe or will you eventually want to include other non european destinations? This is a big undertaking, so thanks for taking the plunge.

Regards Peter, Calgary

Hi Peter,

Thanks for visiting!

In the short term, I've got lots of ideas in mind for many European destinations that I've visited. Either different topics or similar topics to what others have written but with some twist to it as I usually like to observe small details which are helpful.

However, I do intend to include other non-Euro destinations. For example I'm visiting Asia in 2016 so there's lots to write about there. Or even our neighbour to the east - Montreal - has some interesting topics that I'm itching to write about as well.

Please make some return visits and I'll try my best to have some useful topics. Maybe I'll mix it up the destinations a bit - not sure yet. There's this thing called "work" that always gets in the way.....

• 3 months later...

hey! nice blog and the baltics is a beautiful and underrated area. can i ask what you used to create your blog? and did you buy your own domain name? i also want to start up a travel blog but not with blogger or wordpress. i was thinking of using this provider becuase they have a service which is express to create a blog: http://www.1and1.com/create-a-blog i'm really not technical so i want it to be as easy as possible, but also professional becuase i want to be able to use it for my cv or to present to people, and i also want my own domain. so i'd love to know what you did and what did and didn't work for you. any help appreciated, thanks!

Just starting my research for a visit to Stockholm. I am so glad I found your blog.

Hi Melissa,

Glad you're finding it useful :)

I've been suddenly overwhelmed with work so the blog has been lacking attention lately. Hope to get back to it soon!

hey! nice blog and the baltics is a beautiful and underrated area. can i ask what you used to create your blog? and did you buy your own domain name? i also want to start up a travel blog but not with blogger or wordpress. i was thinking of using this provider becuase they have a service which is express to create a blog: http://www.1and1.com/create-a-blog i'm really not technical so i want it to be as easy as possible, but also professional becuase i want to be able to use it for my cv or to present to people, and i also want my own domain. so i'd love to know what you did and what did and didn't work for you. any help appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for checking out my blog.

I'll send you a PM shortly as this discussion can get lengthy

• 4 months later...

Started up a guide to Helsinki. Similar to my Stockholm Guide (which I will have to get back to and finish up) I'm hoping to have a few interesting and

different tidbits in there. As the writing progresses and the articles slowly come out, I hope you will find them useful

http://kensaysgotravel.com/helsinki-a-mini-guide/

Helsinki-Mini-Guide.jpg

You've got a day or two to spend in Helsinki, and you have got no idea what to see and do. Well, I'm looking to address that problem with this new article titled "Visiting Helsinki? Here are 12 Free Things to Do, See and Use"

Hope you find it useful! Leave a message and let me know! Come back often and check for updates as I'm preparing more articles for the Helsinki Mini Guide. Enjoy!

12-Things-To-Do-In-Helsinki-1.png