Viking Rhine Christmas Market Cruise Photos

PJ_Travels

We did the Viking Rhine (Basel to Amsterdam) Christmas Market cruise last November/December. I spent a lot of time researching and was so appreciative of all the photos people had posted which gave me an idea of what to see and what not to miss.

I have put a bunch of my photos up on my blog (wwwcreatebloomgrowcom). I am not a fancy blogger, but they are sorted by city and hopefully give you an idea of what to expect.

My biggest recommendation for the trip is HAND WARMERS. We bought a big box at Costco and always had spares with us. Made it easier to warm up a bit when it was really cold.

I would also be prepared with more bubble wrap that I had brought. I ended up buying a lot of glass bottles and coupled with my mugs from each city, had quite a lot to protect on the way home. The front desk has a very limited supply or you can ask for the packaging from the ornaments we decorated the tree with after the Christmas caroling party. Everything made it home safely :-)

Thanks for the photos -- I kept reading about the Christmas markets but couldn't quite visualize what they are like. Now, I can! I'm not much of a shopper, but I can imagine myself getting swept away buying all sorts of things!

Were there excursions unrelated to the Christmas markets?

I don't think that any of the excursions were specific to the Christmas Markets. That is just generally how we spent our free time. Excursions covered a major attraction in that town or was a general walk around town.

• 11 months later...
We did the Viking Rhine (Basel to Amsterdam) Christmas Market cruise last November/December. I spent a lot of time researching and was so appreciative of all the photos people had posted which gave me an idea of what to see and what not to miss.

I have put a bunch of my photos up on my blog (wwwcreatebloomgrowcom). I am not a fancy blogger, but they are sorted by city and hopefully give you an idea of what to expect.

My biggest recommendation for the trip is HAND WARMERS. We bought a big box at Costco and always had spares with us. Made it easier to warm up a bit when it was really cold.

I would also be prepared with more bubble wrap that I had brought. I ended up buying a lot of glass bottles and coupled with my mugs from each city, had quite a lot to protect on the way home. The front desk has a very limited supply or you can ask for the packaging from the ornaments we decorated the tree with after the Christmas caroling party. Everything made it home safely :-)

I cannot find a link to your photos, but would love to see them. Is there any way you can share them?

I don't think this site will let you post actual links. The name of my blog is "Create Bloom Grow". I think if you Google that, you should be able to see the pictures. Again, I am not a fancy blogger, but I took a billion photos and shared some that I thought would be of interest.

I don't think this site will let you post actual links. The name of my blog is "Create Bloom Grow". I think if you Google that, you should be able to see the pictures. Again, I am not a fancy blogger, but I took a billion photos and shared some that I thought would be of interest.

Lovely photos, making me even more excited about our cruise in a few weeks from now. Sorry it's not a Christmas Market cruise, but it was nice to get some more ideas re possible souvenirs for us and gifts for family!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Here’s the link for others to access.

https://createbloomgrow.com/

We’ve taken two Chrisrmas market cruises then went back on our own for week independently using Germany’s great rail system which turned out to be very easy to do. If you enjoy the holiday season, you can’t beat the Christmas market cruises.

Lovely photos, making me even more excited about our cruise in a few weeks from now. Sorry it's not a Christmas Market cruise, but it was nice to get some more ideas re possible souvenirs for us and gifts for family!

Not sure of where you are cruising but if in any of these cities, this store is a must. Believe most are open year round.

https://store-7tqzhr7u3z.mybigcommerce.com/international-locations/

Not sure of where you are cruising but if in any of these cities, this store is a must. Believe most are open year round.

We’ll be on Viking Kvasir, Amsterdam to Basel, so we are scheduled to visit several of these cities. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just returned from a Rhine River cruise on Viking. I stopped at this Christmas store in Rüdesheim and in Heidelberg. The store in Heidelberg is definitely better in terms of variety and selection. I’m a Christmas fanatic so walked away with a large box of beautiful German ornaments!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums